Author Topic: 2010 Wilson KOTL Report Team Vision Quest  (Read 2143 times)

A-TOM-MIK

2010 Wilson KOTL Report Team Vision Quest
« on: May 09, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »
Weather  Grrr............

God, oh please god..................... .....

Pre- fishing was good, Tourney day weather................. .. BAD !!!!  Fly presentations pretty powerful !!!!

!!** VINCE IS THE MAN **!!  32 LBS WOW   :o

The bar's potential can be phenomenal, Still not gimmes, stubborn Kings always the deal

Couple Kings
[image]

LOC 12th place 26 and change
[image]

Close to a 150 point prefish box
[image]

Deep Kings love Spin Doctors and flies at times, 90 to 125 down over 120 to 180 fow. We took Kings from the Red can to well east of Wilson. A few hot combo's consisted of hammer flies and green glows along with various green, white and spotted green spinnies in mostly 8".
Deep riggers and coppers to 500' the best, divers to 325' taking a share.
As I slid the net under that 23 lb King and that 26 it brought back memories of the old days, Quality Quality Quality is all I can say !!!!

Captain Pete Alex reading various water colors and manipulating speeds often as well as "KISS" color patterns and fly combo's played havoc with weary Kings for several days of pre-fish.
Running a 6 rod spread during all of pre-fish had its advantages I feel  !!!

Winner www.payeverydayderby.com 23# and change
Captain Pete
[image]

Congrats to Jim Kocsis for his 26 lber and biggest King of a lifetime !! The back of the Vision Quest was reeling with smiles, great rod handling Jim

I've been in this game since the mid 80's and to see quality like this http://www.loc.org/derby/leaderboard/currentadult.asp brings the rush to another level..  Unreal

Weather  Grrrrr.....

Tom    8-)

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

BigD

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 01:12:00 pm »
Great report dude!! Congrats on the fish placings too team VQ!!! Weather can only get better!

mothermoose

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:54:00 pm »
Tom, when ever I get a chance to fish on the (Big Boat) it's all smiles back there  ;D  ;D  ;D.

Capt. Pete has a SWEEEET  RIDE!!!  :-*

Bill

stormwarning2

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 10:13:00 am »
You know it 'Moose!

Gotta love the 36' Hoover Tiara!