Author Topic: Port Weller (Welland Canal) Monday the 24th  (Read 1584 times)

boyscout

Port Weller (Welland Canal) Monday the 24th
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:11:00 pm »
BOYSCOUT

Fished from 60-250 FOW from 10-150 down... nothing to show for but a snagged bait fish.... the bait was so thick everytime we marked a big ball we would count down to when our lures would go through it and you'd see the rods all bouncing....

We tried big dipsey's, small dipsey's, spin docs and flys, NK28's, Mags, couldn't even get a knock off....

We heard of a few caught.... one guy was helping out a lot he said he was 3/6, with a 10# atlantic. We saw him lose a big king at the side of the boat... they figured around the 25# mark...

anyways skunked today leaves us wanting more for tomorrow.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

jamie

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:17:00 pm »
Nice to see your report.  That was my sixteen  year old daughter that lost the big King.  She did everything right, but one big role with a head shake and it was off. The same green glow NK28 and rigger set at 25 feet down 120-130 feet of water had 5 of the hits.  My other rigger went off once with a Chart./ green NK28,  6-8lb. Laker.
Thanks again for the report.
Jamie

boyscout

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:18:00 pm »
Hey I am going out again tomorrow going to run that 120-130 FOW all day unless I here different on the radio!

Anyone going out tomorrow give a lake Ontario newbie a hand on 68... I got by Boyscout... I am lake Huron/Erie veteran but I guess I need to learn some new tricks...

jamie

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:47:00 pm »
My speed was 2.5 miles an hour on the Gps.  Not sure what you are running.  Green and Chartreuse seems to work good for me and sometimes purple.  Good luck on your next trip.
Jamie.

jamie

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »
I also use about a 40 foot lead off the cannon ball.
Jamie.