Author Topic: Walleye boards  (Read 2189 times)

jj7leaf

Walleye boards
« on: June 01, 2010, 04:21:00 pm »
I use both inline boards and dual planers depending on the gear I'm running.  with my big boards I can tell a when a smaller fish hits easily by watching the rubber band at the release.  I picked up some full size walleye inlines and have been trying them with the spring signal flags on the releases.  My problem is that when trolling leadcore sections and deep divers and a smaller fish hits I am not seeing the flag respond as possitively I thought it should. I know that they are usable for either an up or down movement when a fish hits but  when trolling lead, snap weights, and deep divers I see that only flag up when running and sown when fish hits will work.  Am i setting this up wrong or do smaller fish just not show easily on these flags?

jj

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

jj7leaf

Walleye boards
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:09:00 pm »
For anyone that read my post avove and was wondering about my issue,  I just downloaded a set of instructions from church for the flags thinking that maybe I had them set up wrong and one of the first lines in there is "Not intended for use with lead core or copper lines."  The line is then too heavy for the flag action to show a fish.  I am guessing that a snap weight will do the same thing.

I guess that answers that, not that the flag doesn't help with visibility anyway but not useful for showing fish unless you run simple flatlines and plugs.

j

storminnorman

Walleye boards
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:15:00 pm »
I have been looking at the flag set-up glad i read your post not going to bother with them now thanks . Say hello to copper tom for me regards stormin.