Author Topic: jordan to weller aug 7am  (Read 878 times)

jpcruiser

jordan to weller aug 7am
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:21:00 am »
out from 530 to 2pm. started at jordan and zig-zaged from 40ish to 120 til pd and then zig-zagged from 80 to 180 from pd to east of weller and only 1 king for the effort. trolled east so as the boat could handle the waves. 28 lb king on wire/sd/fly in green/blue out 170 setting 2 in 120 bottom. lots and lots of hooks from bottom right up to 30.. got real tired of being beaten by the waves so packed it up at 11 ish and started the long slow trip back  to jordan. get to jordan noonish and water calms right down. the newbie on board wanted to know what this blue zone thing was so out we went. covered lots of water out there in the BZ and i got skunked. well i sure was not impressed as i have never been skunked by the BZ.....needless to say it still was fun... the newbie landed the 28lber pics when he sends them

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/jpcruiser/P1030476.jpg?t=1281283755

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

riggerrob

jordan to weller aug 7am
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:41:00 pm »
Beats the heck of the skunks.  Seems to me my best bet for active fish has been just slightly east of Weller also here.  I have a bad habit of going deep for salmon when they are coming in shallow.  I have not been past 280' yet here but the bows seem to be all over the place right now.  Congrats on the 28 lb'er.  Will try and match that this Tuesday morn.