Author Topic: Big boards vs In-lines  (Read 11375 times)

riggermortis

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 07:39:00 pm »
agree with HnR some of us modify the offshore boards with two or-16 releases or an or-16 on the back and an or-18 forward so they'll hold tight and not slide down. the walleye brand boards can be set to stay put the way they come, good luck with it

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Floater

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »
So the inline boards are just clipped on to the line and you take them off to fight the fish? On my little Chickens you just leave them there but they are so small they don't really add much to the fight. I guess the inline boards float then incase they fall off?

riggermortis

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 10:12:00 am »

So the inline boards are just clipped on to the line and you take them off to fight the fish? On my little Chickens you just leave them there but they are so small they don't really add much to the fight. I guess the inline boards float then incase they fall off?

yes, but with the mods to the releases I've never had one fall off and been using them for yrs.

Floater

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »
Ok great info guys. Gonna try and spend some of those gift cards this weekend. Thanks

rockandtroll

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:00 pm »
Hey Trannyman, good seeing you at Lotsa by the way.
I would be up for trading you my 6 big daddy Z boards ( pretty much brand new) for your off shore boards.
Even with your advice, I just could not get them tuned to my satisfaction.
Have gone to the tx- 44 for copper and the smaller ones for lead core etc.

Mike

dmuste

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:00 am »
is there a way to clip your copper to an inline board? lets say in spring you only want to run 100-200ft of copper out and you have 300ft on your reel can you clip the cooper to the board?

riggermortis

Big boards vs In-lines
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 02:17:00 pm »
Probably not too wise copper is very soft, you get a kink in it and a big Kings gonna break you off for sure.