Author Topic: Cannon Downriggers  (Read 15610 times)

Trophy J

Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 08:19:00 am »
i started off with scottys and transitioned to cannon downriggers. i enjoyed the scottys very much. i transitioned to cannon so i could walk way while deploying the rigger. i have been very pleased with cannon since then.
i personally prefer the look of the cannon to the big john.
the cannon price points are on the high side imo but they are durable and engineered well.
i upgraded to the dt10ts this yr.
good luck.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

stinger

Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 12:12:00 pm »

Nice looking setup there Stinger.  8-) Compact and everything close at hand. Looks very solid as well. The Big Jon swivels look  to be metal too. Would they be better than Cannon's plastic swivels, especially in "cold" temps? And would the hole pattern line up, being different manufacturers?

Thanks  ;D
Big Jon swivels are all metal, very solid, No plastic, I know because I took them apart to clean & re-grease.  ;)  the hole pattern is different from Cannon though,
my other choice would be Bert's swivel mounts, solid construction and they have holes to match all riggers, I think you'll need the tracks to mount them on boat.
, Cannon does make all stainless low profile swivels though, but they are too much $$$ for me. http://store.cannondownriggers.com/products/325088/Stainless_Steel_Low-Profile_Swivel_Base
not a big fan of Cannons plastic low profile swivels

twobuoys

Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 11:16:00 pm »
Thanks for the info Stinger. That stainless swivel looks real nice, but I too can't afford it, at least not right now.  I thought the plastic swivel was too much $, for what it is.  :o

Good luck y'all

Trophy J

Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 12:03:00 pm »
I would recommend the Berts swivel downrigger riser plates over the Cannons - well made!

Polar Bear

Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 11:56:00 am »

I would recommend the Berts swivel downrigger riser plates over the Cannons - well made!

TRUE TO THAT

JinxCanada

• 30 Pounder
  • Never fished for Salmon.... :-)
Re: Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2014, 05:40:12 pm »
I'm picking up some Cannon Mag 10 this weekend.  I think they are HS...not Mag A as I thought as they look newer.  Are the Mag 10 HS newer than the Mag 10A?
On the hunt for a new boat!!!

rufat

• 30 Pounder
Re: Cannon Downriggers
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »
im selling my Mag 10 downrigger for $350 if anyone interested please PM me or send me email at rkerimov@hotmail.com

thanks