Author Topic: my new board question's  (Read 3386 times)

benbigcat

my new board question's
« on: April 19, 2011, 11:20:00 pm »
l just picked up a church tx-44, l wanted to use it for king's. Does anyone else use them?. can l put a large deeper diver on it?. l alway's  thought that there would be a clip that would release the  line from the front of the board so it spins around after a hit which then it would come in alot easier with a fish on, I would think the way they have it set up it would pull and dive all over the place with a fish on?. All my rods have 50 pd braid on them, should l get something else for this board?. any info about my new board would be great thanks guy's.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

dave70038

my new board question's
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 07:44:00 am »
I would suggest that you run copper or leadcore off your boards to achieve depth as oppose to a diver.

storminnorman

my new board question's
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:53:00 am »
I have been messing with a pair it takes a telephone pole and a clothesline to handle them .Not decided about them yet but they may be a pain with large kings. They will pull most anything but don't throw your walleye or planner boards away . Time will tell.

rockandtroll

my new board question's
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:38:00 pm »
I tried to buy a set of those boards at the Lotsa Expo but they only had them for display. They looked like they would be great for copper and should work quite well with the new Walker trip-z divers ( like jets). Let us know how they work out for you.
Mike

benbigcat

my new board question's
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 12:26:00 pm »
l've been playing with mine for a while, and walleye fishing is fine with them, but don't even think of trying to bring in a 10 plus pound king. not very fun...

karl

my new board question's
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:50:00 pm »
i've been running x44's all season and love em point the rod tip at em and reel them in.huge improvement from the smaller boards specialy on big fish.that clip works fine on 50 lb braid but you have to rap the braid around once than clip it in.i can't see the reason to put a dipsy on your boards....think it would be a pain and very hard to put back in the same place without tangling with your other boards.i pulled 600 copper to 100 copper behind em with very few problems.
tip:
if you haveing problems sinking boards than lower the rod tip...the board is fighting the fish not the rod untill the board is removed.
if board sinks and fish is pulling away than freespool give it some line the board will pop up than point the rod at it and reel him in.
don't lift the rod tip till your ready to bring the board into the boat.
try these little things it will make fishing with any boards alot easier.