Author Topic: Need some advice( from windsor)  (Read 1982 times)

wetwillie

Need some advice( from windsor)
« on: June 28, 2011, 04:19:00 pm »
Hi just wondering if I could get some info on fishing the south shore. We used to go up to St. Kitts for almost 10 years every spring in the 90's ( from Windsor ) but l  have never been up that way around the Aug. 1st  long weekend. I know its hard to predict ahead of time . Maybe just some insight on the area , Very familiar with P.D.,Weller and east to rifle range etc. But most the water we fished was maybe out to 100-150 fow. How far out is this blue zone etc.
  Is most fishing within 5-7 miles off shore ? Have fished Bluffers also many times so we have Rac spoons , NK's ,Silver streaks, cut bait rigs and dodgers and flies. Just don't want to go to Toronto anymore. We really enjoyed the St.Kitts area ( Howard Johnsons , )
     Any help or advice on fishing this time of year would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Bill

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Reel It Up

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:42:00 pm »
Still the same milk run from Dalousie to the Bar(Niagara River) in 150-200 FOW that time of year, you will catch fish.

storminnorman

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:00 pm »
Lots of big fish last summer the boys did well in the Hunt. It is shaping up for another good summer .

Dax

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 08:24:00 pm »
Here's an idea, stay at the Best Western(Beacon harbourside) at Jordan, keep your boat in the water all week end. Its a bit farther boat ride to Weller and the Bar...

riggerrob

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 09:20:00 pm »
Hmmm............August 1st..........Let me check my log sheets.............Okay, Jordan was good for alot of 3 yr old salmon with the odd 30lb'er thrown in the mix!

wetwillie

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:00 am »
Thanks Guys , dax that might be an idea . Going to take my Grandson out for his first salmon trip so numbers and size dosen't really matter as long as we can have a little action.
Riggerrob them 2&3 year old salmon would be great.
    I have heard alot about rainbows out in the " blue zone" if the Salmon are off , how far out is that from P.D. ?? And what  radio channel do most locals sit on ,

Thanks again

storminnorman

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 09:32:00 am »
10 to 12 mi strait out . channel 10

riggerrob

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 10:51:00 am »
I notice that around 210' of water, you will start to mark fish sitting just 35' - 45' down.  Once you either see them feeding on top or on your fishfinder.........that is where I start to fish for bows at this time of year.  No sense in droppin' lines if there is no fish around.  If you have no luck out there, come back to 80' - 130' of water and you will catch fish feeding on schools of baitfish.

wetwillie

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »
Well rigger , I like the sounds of fishing 80-130, I wouldn't head out to the deeps unless there was nothing happening inside. , probably go up there, Keep the boat at St Catherines Marina , talk to a few locals around the Marina and listen for some "clues " on the radio. I'II see whats going on , and of coarse I'II probably hit you guys up for some info just before heading that way.

Thanks Bill
 P.S. if anyone is ever heading down this way (Windsor ) for Muskie or walleye and need some reports just give me a shout.