Author Topic: Mast or ?  (Read 4120 times)

Game On

Mast or ?
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
This is going to be my second season and have lots of questions. Last year I made 2 planer boards and used a old big penn reel with planer board line to reel board in and out. Worked great , I think a little tough to reel in. These board plans were off Internet using 1 x 8. Spent a lot of money last year on boat and rods , trying to save a buck. What my question is has anybody ever tried using the down riggers to attach to planer boards? Just for the record , you experienced fisherman who give advice. What's that commercial say Priceless! Anybody have a question on building house , maybe I can help.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

getitwet

Mast or ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:16:00 am »
When I started I tried many different ways to save here save there and for the most part things worked well.  If you go around the lake you will see many different ideas on what to build.

At the end of the day, get yourself a mast with wheels on it or remotely mount them further back for ease but for the 250 - 700 weather manual or electric it will be money well spent.  

I find it fascinating to have many conversations like these every year and to put it into perspective, you and many many others and I include myself buy thousands on lures, reels, rods ect that we use sometimes and not every day.  a reel now is $200  10 lures are now $120 but a mast is 250 - 300. and you will use it almost every day.

Just my 2 cents

skamper35

Mast or ?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:00 am »
Great response Yvan.,..See you on the lake this coming summer...Hopefully we'll win a few derbies...LOL...Bernie

HooknRelease

Mast or ?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:18:00 pm »
i have a basically brand new Traxtech telescoping track mounting manual mast up for sale $250.00 i bought it last summer and with the new big searay will need to upgrade to electrics,,,,,,,if ya interested

cheers

ian

Game On

Mast or ?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 04:16:00 pm »
Thanks