Author Topic: Whitby Pen Fry Released  (Read 3854 times)

NOREELWORRIES

• 30 Pounder
Whitby Pen Fry Released
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:32 pm »
Another yr draws to a close as we were successful in getting the fry released last evening. Thanks to everyone who was able to come out and lend a hand. Special thanks to Cliff for providing the boat to tow the pen out to the pier head and SteveR for the loan on the trailer. Everything went very smoothly .... You would almost think we knew what we were doing.  :D  When we arrived at the Marina I was handed a gift bag from a pretty lady I had never seen before. She asked if I was here for the "fishy" release party and handed me the gift bag. Inside was a nice little pin for all the volunteers and a card that read the following; 

"The fish she is no longer very small"
Just a little thank you to all the unsung heros who work tirelessly to restock our lakes...
Your work has not gone unnoticed...
I guess we could say, that you have imprinted on our hearts - Anonymous

Just paying it back for a group of people who are paying it forward ....

Very nice gesture. Thanks to whomever "Anonymous" is. For those that could not make it out last evening I'll carry the pins in my truck ... I'm sure you will see me around the marina over the next few months.

Again, congrats to everyone on a great yr. You helped make some awesome Chinook Salmon. Few pictures from Don's cell phone. (thanks Don)

Cliff, Frank and Matt_C tow the pen out.

One last look  :D

Flipp_her .. thank god we didn't forget the bottom ropes like we did the first year  ;D

Heading to the nearest powerwashing booth to remove the slim. Thanks for the loan of the trailer Steve  :o  :o (It just happened to be attached to my truck and made things alot easier)

See you all next yr.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

johnb

• 24 Pounder
Re: Whitby Pen Fry Released
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52:30 pm »
Very nice.Im sure I ll get one of them in darlington