Author Topic: Port Credit Pen Derby  (Read 12280 times)

GT2

• Full Box
Re: Port Credit Pen Derby
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 06:05:49 pm »
Just got off the phone with Shortwave..........and there are 49 boats signed up as of 5pm today......only 1 spot left for this Saturday..... ;)

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

GT2

• Full Box
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:17 am »
Great response. We are now Fully Booked. No more spots left. Thanks guys/gals..... :)

Strike Zone

• Full Box
Port Credit Pen Derby
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 09:31:28 am »
Good luck to everyone.  Wish I could be there to defend last years win.  Great tournament for a good cause. 

barts

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »
good thing I got in on monday.  Looking forward to it.  Good luck all.
Barts

John Whyte

• Administrator
  • Full Box
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 06:32:09 pm »
After 6 days on a trolling motor at the Canadian Open I probably won't be able to fish but can I come for the dogs? ;D
I spend 250 days a year on the water and I still feel I'm missing Time on the Water.

GT2

• Full Box
Port Credit Pen Derby
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »
John come on down to the weigh in and BBQ. Can you bring a Spoonpullers banner. I will put it up beside the results chart. We can introduce guys/gals to a fantastic salmon info Board that did not know about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

moemoe

• Full Box
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2012, 08:53:34 pm »
just got back from up north and was looking for a spot if there is an opening or cancelation

dirty oar

• Shaker
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2012, 09:23:31 pm »
Fishing the derby sat and launching the boat any idea how long the line up will be to get in the water? I was thinking 530 orvahould we try and get there earlier?

GT2

• Full Box
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 07:35:32 am »
Fishing the derby sat and launching the boat any idea how long the line up will be to get in the water? I was thinking 530 orvahould we try and get there earlier?

Brock...........launch earlier if you can and then motor across the river to the east side and tie up to a dock ( i secured a free dock for all participants to use for the day) come up to the Marina office and register. There will be a cooler check and then a safe slow "blast off" at the mouth of the River at 6 am. When you return by 12 noon you must drop off your cooler of fish at the Marina and then you can leave the boat tied up to a slip (or pull it out at the ramp) and the free BBQ and weigh-in takes place at 1 pm.

dirty oar

• Shaker
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 08:51:53 am »
Ok. Thanks a lot for the reply, looking forward to it!

tonewbie

• 30 Pounder
  • Feed the addiction!!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 10:43:05 am »
I'm soooo pumped for this!!! see you all there!
Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of Occasions for Hope

GT2

• Full Box
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 02:37:37 pm »
I have included a map of Port Crediot locatiopn for those who are 1st timers.
 I will be taking registrations on the east side of river by the "free slips" in front of the Marina office. Bill from Shortwave will be on the west side of the river by the launch ramps taking registrations. After registering, signing a liability waiver, receiving your boat #, getting a grab bag, getting a free lunch ticket (up to 4 per boat) and a free draw ticket (1 per boat.....more available for sale at $5.00 each) and getting a cooler check done you will proceed to the mouth of the river for a peacefull and safe "blast off at 6:00am------Frank Melo will announce it on channel 17.
 We will be at the river by 4:30am on Saturday morning....come early and tie up to the free docks to avoid a big last minute rush.If launching at the ramp motor across and register if busy on that side.
 Remember a 3 fish limit and minimum 24 inches.........lot's of great draw prizes also available.

tonewbie

• 30 Pounder
  • Feed the addiction!!
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 02:49:08 pm »
trailer parking?? I'm going out Tomorrow for a pre fish see if I can't find some spots as i've never hit PC before.

I'm transit docking the boat overnight.  I spoke to a woman at the marina, she said that sometimes people do leave their trailers in the parking lot overnight but they really aren't suppose to.

Hoping you PC guys can tell me...Is that true? how much of a risk would I be in for a ticket or worse if I leave the trailer there overnight instead of carting it empty back and forth to TO?

Craig
Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of Occasions for Hope

BlueKnight

• Full Box
  • Hot Spot Pro Staff
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 06:57:02 pm »
John why don't you or get Dave to give Parking Control a call so that they get the okay to park the trailers overnight in the parking lot just south of the ramp. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

GT2

• Full Box
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 08:37:20 pm »
I will look into this in the morning.
I'm putting together some grab bags for each boat........loving the "hot spot flashers, agitators and apex lures that Hot Spots PRO John Foley provided for our Derby. Along with one of these there will be a Walker deeper divers or jet diver included in a grab bag for each boat in the morning.
Looks like it's going to be a good day weather wise also.