Author Topic: Vision Quest Tops!  (Read 3227 times)

DDay

• 30 Pounder
Vision Quest Tops!
« on: June 17, 2012, 08:25:50 am »
Congrats to Pete Alex and team.
These guys are always knocking on the door nice to see them pop a big one.

Another very well run Tightlines event, thanks to the organizing committee.
Great weather and incredible fishing, what more could you ask for.

Cheers,
Darryl

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

BigD

• Full Box
Re: Vision Quest Tops!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 09:08:14 am »
Super Sweet dudes!! Couldn't happen to a bunch of nicer guys! They work hard and put their time in not to mention the hours they put back into the fishery! Congrats Pete, Tom and crew!!

It was another well run event as expected! Johnny, Vito, Chris and the rest of the dudes are amazing!! Couldn't ask for better fishing either! Tons of 20 lb plus average 6 fish boxes and many more tackle busting kings!

D.

scotty

Vision Quest Tops!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 03:50:52 pm »
Great job couldn't of happened to a better bunch of guys

visionquest

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »
Big D., Darryl, "HAMMER", Yankee and others,

Appreciate the words from so many of you guys and the warm send off as we headed back toward the Welland Canal.  We took the ship back home to Erie, PA after getting things cleaned up and put together after the awards ceremony on Saturday...  It was our first ever T.L. event and first time to Bluffers Park. We really enjoyed the facility, event, atmosphere and weigh-in setting.  (A Big THANKS Johnny, Vito and all the help-I know these gigs take a ton of effort and time)

As always, we enjoy coming to "the other side" and seeing some of our international friends and competitors.  Its all about the diversity and competition for us. Kings also  ;D

It was a good win for us and the deal for us was developing a program starting on Thursday and Friday, tweaking it throughout the day as the bite slowed, so we would have something figured out for Saturday (Game Day as I call it) Each day, we landed a fair amount of fish and had a solid 25#-26# avg. for our biggest 6.  At the conclusion of Thursday, we were like man, hope we can do this Saturday.  At the conslusion of Friday, we were like man, hope we can do this one more day cuz it was another day of multiple fish from 24# to 27.5#.  We had no clue coming over how big or how many big sharks were getting hit each day but were told a 24# avg. for 6 would probably take it. So we exceeded it the two practice days and hoped we would not powder on those big sharks G.Day.  We stuck to our plan and did the same thing each day, fished the same water and fished a 6 rod program even though I wanted to put more test rods out.  We made the choice to just develop a solid 6 rod spread and make adjustments when needed cuz thats all were getting on Saturday.

Well, Lake O., has had a way of turning the cards on us on G.Day sometimes but Saturday, we were fortunate and things went as planned with exception of dropping 3 big sharks on our first pass west.  :P  :o  >:(  (Fortunately, this time, we did not get burnt by dropped opportunities).

Our observers were great (Jeremy-our observer what (Thanks Al and Don Van D. for helping out with him) and Dex (from Team Magna Extreme).

All of our rods chipped in (riggers, wire divers and a copper) and most were rigged with Dreamweaver Spinnys and A-TOM-MIK Flies. 8" and 10" sizes.  In fact, the A-TOM-MIK flies took our biggest fish all three days and this has been the case for us the last several years on the North Shore.  Even though A-TOM-MIK Tom was on board and a huge player for us, believe me when I say-if it don't work it dont get WET !!!

Yvan, thanks for weighing in later  ;D. It was my turn this one where ounces seperated us.  Always good to get some laughs in with ya regardless of the outcome.

Looking forward to the concluding KOTL event at Port D in September. See ya there.

Captain Pete
Vision Quest

A-TOM-MIK

• Full Box
    • www.atommiktrollingflies.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »
Just have to add we had 1 distinct lull that was simply pushing my mind to change a few things about our game plan, I made a few light mentions of this that I am sure Pete gave more than a "once over" in thought. However Pete chose to stick to the game plan and continue on with what "Put the larger sharks in the boat for us" on our pre-fish days and it finally panned out to a late day double that ended in 2 of our 6 fish tourney box !! NICE CALL CAPTAIN !!!

Low and behold that late day double saw us with a rigger fish that came into a stretched out wire, leaving us to hand line about 60 ft of mono to lead that shark to the net !!

Talk about a STRESS FULL time !!!

Pete's young son Noah and "Big Fish Ray" (who took a 34 lber in a past Whitby KOTL with us) were all stars as well, Noah never backed down one iota while hauling in sharks that had a potential 25k price-tag on their back and Ray accepted Pete's rather strong influential pointers on rod control with a HUGE smile as I slid the net under each of our tourney fish.

Great event !!! Great friends from the other side!!
Lovin' Life !!!

Tom

fishdawg

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »
congrats VQ & team!

what a fishery!

i think the the previous Tightlines points record was 198 by Thrillseeker in 2008? all the top 10 teams killed that!

dex

• Shaker
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:51:52 pm »
Congrats Capt Pete, Tom and crew.  Truly class acts and well deserved.

Dex

Jeremy Green

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 01:56:55 am »
   Very Nice report,

it Was nice to be able to work for you guys at this past Tightlines.

See you in August...

~Jeremy.