Author Topic: Grimsby Tackle Salmon Series  (Read 9131 times)

miller

• Shaker
Grimsby Tackle Salmon Series
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:40:19 pm »

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

pikepole9

• 30 Pounder
Re: Grimsby Tackle Salmon Series
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 06:30:59 pm »
Awesome!  Are ya's just on twitter or FB too? ( I looked and cant find on Facebook )

pikepole9

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 06:33:03 pm »
disregard - I found the page!

Thanks!

S

darkfisher

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »
Excellent Marty I think this will be fun.  I like small inexpensive contests.  keeps it interesting.

Matt

fishdawg

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:48 pm »
looking forward to it! A great opportunity to introduce others to the big water trolling with some light fun competition

hookemhard

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 11:44:23 am »
Sounds great only draw back is if you register your salmon in that you cannot register the same  fish in the GOSD :'(

tonyb

• Full Box
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »
Sounds great only draw back is if you register your salmon in that you cannot register the same  fish in the GOSD :'(

I think these events are mutually exclusive, SSSS aims to allow captains to compete with whoever they have on the boat for $20 each Saturday. 

(GOSD requires all participants on board to have a ticket, resulting in many captains turning away friends and family who don't really want to shell out $115 for a day of fishing the GOSD)

This is a great option for a fun derby, kudos to Grimsby Tackle for stepping up to organize and host these events, hope it's successful!

Tony

DDay

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 03:17:23 pm »
Sounds like fun.
Who decides what is a blow day? And how are angles notified? Would you not be better to just draw money simply when no fish are weigh in? Or carry over to the next week.
Any size restrictions on the fish allowed to be brought to the scale? And what time does scale close on Saturday?
Thanks,
Darryl

fishdawg

• Full Box
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 06:15:07 pm »
hey dday
i believe there is simply just a draw if no fish are entered  either due to wond or just poor fishing.....  no minimum size
you can also call the shop for updates or keep tabs via twitter and fb
the shop amd scales close at 5pm

hookemhard

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »

I think these events are mutually exclusive, SSSS aims to allow captains to compete with whoever they have on the boat for $20 each Saturday. 

(GOSD requires all participants on board to have a ticket, resulting in many captains turning away friends and family who don't really want to shell out $115 for a day of fishing the GOSD)

This is a great option for a fun derby, kudos to Grimsby Tackle for stepping up to organize and host these events, hope it's successful!

Tony

All I am saying Tony is that section 5 of the GOSD rules state that any fish weighed in any other tournament cannot be weight in the GOSD.

I know that everyone needs a ticket on the boat that's why I spend four years buying a family ticket for my 3 year old son so he can spend time with me on the water  ;D

Paul

tonyb

• Full Box
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:07 pm »
Right on hookemhard, hope you and your boy catch a winner this year!  8)

miller

• Shaker
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »
Sounds like fun.
Who decides what is a blow day? And how are angles notified? Would you not be better to just draw money simply when no fish are weigh in? Or carry over to the next week.
Any size restrictions on the fish allowed to be brought to the scale? And what time does scale close on Saturday?
Thanks,
Darryl
angler's would be called if it is a blow day. and a draw would be the result. money won't carry over to the next week to keep each saturday seperate seeing as not everyone can get out every saturday so they can pay for the week they are planning to fish rather than money carrying onto a date they possibly can't fish.

pikepole9

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »
if the Big hunt boards showing large fish that week, anything behind the 10th fish could still hold up on the Grimsby board (assuming the fish are smaller)  - that's what im thinking anyhow...

Witching Hour

• Full Box
    • Witching Hour
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »
Sounds great!
South shore fisherman will really enjoy this through July especially.
I like how you close the buy-in Friday evening.
I think you should set a minimum entry weight though ...
Good luck and go get em!
J
Lake Ontario : our world class fishery 🐟

lyndenlunker

• Full Box
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
so july 7 is the first one right, i drove their today thinking this Sat. was the first one. Man sure a great store, lot's of stuff. What a display of fishing gear, from down rigging to fly fishing you name it he's got it. Really friendly to, that's what i like. lots of hunting stuff, it's a good size store.