Author Topic: Ontario Outdoors had No Reel Worries  (Read 7409 times)

NOREELWORRIES

• 30 Pounder
Ontario Outdoors had No Reel Worries
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:51:22 pm »
Had Bob Mcgary writer for OOD magazine and photographer John Bennett out on NO REEL WORRIES last Thursday evening for a few hours. Had a good evening fish and the lake and sky were beautiful. John brought his girlfriend and 9 yr old son who landed his first teenager , then his first 20 pluss'r, then he was too tired and had to turn the rods over to some of the adults to fight a few in their 20's. Think we went 7 for 9 on the evening.   John's slideshow of the evening are at the following link. He also has lots of great outdoor pictures at his website ...

http://jbenphotography.ca/p800606400/slideshow

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

knotreel

• 30 Pounder
Re: Ontario Outdoors had No Reel Worries
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 09:12:45 am »
Nice pictures, looks like a good day out!!!

John Whyte

• Administrator
  • Full Box
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 06:47:24 pm »
Great Pics!
I spend 250 days a year on the water and I still feel I'm missing Time on the Water.

weedman

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:14:46 pm »
Awesome photos and beautiful fish too!  Looked like a beautiful evening to be reeling in some Kings.  Bruce, can you tell me what kind of snubbers you were using on those shark weights?

fisher

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 03:11:55 pm »
Awesome photos and beautiful fish too!  Looked like a beautiful evening to be reeling in some Kings.  Bruce, can you tell me what kind of snubbers you were using on those shark weights?

Scotty makes em....and they are a must on the fast retrieve scotty riggers IMO.....take a lot of wear and tear off the boom when the autostop hits....I got em at JB's

Mike

Trannyman

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 06:11:49 pm »
Great job Bruce, I see Renzo was with you.

Al

knotreel

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 09:05:28 am »
I'm using the scotty snubbers as well, had to modify them with some quick links, but a must have for the scotty riggers...

NOREELWORRIES

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:13 am »
Hey Al, Had both Renzo and Danny as crew .... It was a fun evening and I think we put on a good show as to how good the Lake O fishery is and that you need to try it out. I hope it comes out that way in the Article,  which isn't expected until early spring. Bob also interviewed Renzo, Danny and Steve Tuck about North Shore Stream fishing. The article is in the next issue of OOD magazine and will have most of Renzo's secrets on curing roe .... I'm sure it will be a great read.

Paul, As stated its a Scotty snubber. Johnie has them. Reason for using as stated but also important is that it is much easier holding that rubber as opposed to the wire when you need to retrieve the ball to reach the clip .... moor probe is above that.