Author Topic: Final Port Whitby Derby of 2012  (Read 1982 times)

NOREELWORRIES

• 30 Pounder
Final Port Whitby Derby of 2012
« on: August 12, 2012, 04:21:55 pm »
Little delayed but I've been too busy fitting in as much fun as possible into my summer holidays...which I'm sorry to say end tomorrow.  Final derby of the season was two weekends ago ... Sat July 28. Lots of nice fish brought in to the scales by all the teams. Made for a good showing for the deputy mayor and a few city councillors who came out to watch the weigh in and learn about the MNR sampling program. Few pictures from weigh in.

The Marlin Seat fishing team captained by Glenn Anderson went into the final derby with a 5 - 11 lbs lead over most of the other teams for the overall series champion but came up a measily .14 lbs short when Tim Mason and his team came to the scales with a 29 Lbr. and by the slimmest of margins beat out Glenn's team for the overall. Tim Mason and his team took home the series trophy , along with a Scotty downrigger and a bunch of cash, winning 1st place and the calcutta as well for this final derby.  Great day Tim congrats. Picture of Tim & team receiving some of his prizes from the deputy mayor Lorne Coe (purple).

John Maclean made his first appearance on the podium in a while coming in second place .. way to go John.

And the final picture is of Brian weighing in his third place fish in the final derby. That was Brian's second trip to the podium this yr as he also came second in derby 1 this season.

Good fishing everyone. The 3 derbies raised $2,000 for The Ringwood Hatchery (Coho & Browns) and will help make the Lake O fishery even better than it is. Hope to see even more teams out next year.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement