Author Topic: King Of The Lake Spring and Fall  (Read 57328 times)

creatureofhabit

• Shaker
Re: King Of The Lake Spring and Fall
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2012, 01:22:12 pm »
Any developments as to rules changes, format for 2013 or finalized dates?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

get it wet

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2012, 10:37:31 am »
Dates are as follows

April -26,27,28 St. Catharines
May - 11  wilson
june - 15 tightlines
august 3 tightlines
august30,31,sept 1st catharines

Some format.  Last yr went real well.  We are bringing back the bbq and raffles to add things to the event as in the past. This has been in demand for a few yrs now and its time to re introduce. 

The overall is the same 4/5 with the 2 St. Catharines mandatory but will decide on scoring in the next week.  Really torn with a point system on placement or on weight..  Will follow up on this in a bit.

If anyone wishes to get into overall and have not yet fished it please shoot me an email or pm as to request in order to get you at the top of the list to get in some of these events.  We will do our best!

thanks

get it wet

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2012, 11:33:59 pm »
Same costs as last yr

600 for tourney and 50 for bff

2 weeks prior online registration

thx

FishAbout

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2012, 11:44:27 am »
Is there spose to be more teams in the KOTL tournys this year.  Whatever happenend to lowering the entry fee for this year to get more teams.  The entry fee has been going up the last few years but the pay out has been less.  Why ask people on how to get new teams fishing and make a better tourny if you do not want change anything. Anyways this is my thought, I will still fish these tournys but would rather see more teams.

get it wet

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2012, 05:56:03 pm »
Fishabout

The idea behind the discussion was to get feedback on how to improve the tournament and not so much get new teams.  My goal has always been to get more teams in the overall aspect because then all tournemnents would grow.

To clarify, our entry fees have stayed the same for 4 yrs now and payouts have remained the same in that same time frame with the exeption of a trial run one fall with DEX TV 

We all would like to see more teams but with all discussions and timeframes on tournaments going on, We believed this to go ahead for another yr before making drastic changes.

Cant please everybody to 100% but we can all agree it went well last yr.

Great Lakes Tackle (pete Alex) has donated $2000 and trophies to enhance the overall prize this yr.  We are greatful to have this to add to the all ready prestigious prize of being the King Of The Lake. 

I am anticipating a few new teams to compete and am excited for the upcoming season

get it wet

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2013, 11:19:00 am »
So far 24 ft is the only criteria.  We don't have captain licenses here.  but here is my theory. 

If a charter guy sandbags an am tournament in a 3 fish tournament to save his team 400 bucks in entry he is not too much of a charter guy.  I also know some guys that do it as a write off and don't even fish often enough to matter and this is why a 3 fish limit is cool with this as anyone can catch 3 kings to compete.

This is really to get people that have never joined us hopefully bridge the gap and get them involved. 

With all the tournaments going high ticket to enter and the pro ams faltering a little this could very well be a good avenue to set up a farm system to breed new teams.

How many teams will catch 10 kings in their day and think.... I wish I would have fish the pro division!!

Scoring

Instead of changing the world all in one yr we have decided to keep scoring the same way.  you can throw out 1 of the one days but you don't get an extra 10 points for fishing all.  We found last yr was a huge advantage to throw one score out without giving them an extra 10.

We are bringing back some draw prizes as in the past, we have been asked to do that by a lot of people and we are not going to have a beer tent but will have BBQ available with pop and water in a tent as we used to have.

Hope this works

get it wet

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2013, 11:37:01 am »
Hey guys

Hope all is well.
Here are the dates for 2014.  Things went well in 2013 with participation being the best its been in 6-7 yrs.  I am pleased the energy this series brings to the lake.  Tournaments on Lake Ontario are thriving and driving the fishery these days and I am proud to be part of it.

April - 25-26-27 - St Catharines KOTL
May - 10 - Wilson Invitational
June - 14 - Tightline shootout
Aug - 2 - Tightline Shoootout
Aug - 29-30-31 - St Catharines KOTL

Hopefully this works for you guys.  We all try to make things better individually but changes sometimes are not needed  This series is now been running for many yrs and St Catharines Spring event is going in its 15th yr.  Crazy how time flies and how old I'm getting lol
Go get Ready!!  Spring is around the corner!!
Yvan

Yankee Troller

• Crazy Yankee Sportfishing
  • Full Box
  • If it aint chrome we don't condone!
    • Crazy Yankee Sportfishing
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 11:58:36 am »
Sweet! Thanks Yvan!

JustinB777

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »
Thx yvan, gonna be a great tourney season! April can't come fast enough!