Author Topic: 1st 2014 Whitby Derby - Results  (Read 3285 times)

NOREELWORRIES

• 30 Pounder
1st 2014 Whitby Derby - Results
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:02:26 pm »
Sorry no pictures as my camera is not working right. Fishing was very tough ... Toughest I can remember for this derby. Only about 7 or 8 fish weighed in over the 25 teams we had out. On the bright side it was a great day weather wise, the burgers and dogs were good and we managed to raise about $1200 at this first derby for the 4 MEA pen projects (Bluffers, Whitby, Oshawa, Port Darlington) and the hatchery (Coho, Browns, Rainbow).

Reel Fission captained by Don Van Dusen came in first with a 25lbr  - good for $1000 and a fishing rod
Team Cresty captained by Paul Baltovich (known as Weedman on SP) came in second with a 23 lbr - good for $600
Team Hot Fish captained by Tony Degasperis came in third with an 18lbr - good for $300.
 Team Hot Fish also won the Calcutta (3 fish box) with aprox an 18, 17 and 7.5  and was the only team to weigh in three fish. Calcutta was worth $900. Tony owns HOTFISH® lures which is also one of our new sponsors this yr.

Since I'm writing the note I'll mention that No REEL Worries had some Reel Worries on Sat but we did manage to land a 17.5 Lbr which was good for 4th place and means we are still in the running for the overall Championship ... just have to catch Don, Paul and Tony over the next two derbies.    :D

Picture from Glenn of a scum line we were working on Sat. If you will look close you can see our board working the inside while the riggers and dipsies worked the warmer outside.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement