Author Topic: Copper the next generation.  (Read 14087 times)

whalebreath

• Shaker
Re: Copper the next generation.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 02:38:54 am »
The Torpedo Weighted Steel can be used in salt or fresh water without corrosion issues
Nothing and I mean No Thing made of metal can be used in saltwater without corrosion issues.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

smokey0418

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 10:08:18 am »
Just an opinion, if they made this product anywhere close to the metal composition of the naval ship propellers that i have been machining i think it would stand up just fine. Perhaps it has a self healing chromium oxide coating only microns thick. Time will tell

jinx

• Full Box
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 12:20:20 pm »
The Torpedo Weighted Steel can be used in salt or fresh water without corrosion issues
Nothing and I mean No Thing made of metal can be used in saltwater without corrosion issues.
how does copper hold up in salt water?
Torpedo Fishing Products.

jinx

• Full Box
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 12:24:14 pm »
Just an opinion, if they made this product anywhere close to the metal composition of the naval ship propellers that i have been machining i think it would stand up just fine. Perhaps it has a self healing chromium oxide coating only microns thick. Time will tell
chromium is one of our alloys used in Weighted steel

whalebreath

• Shaker
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 10:53:29 pm »
how does copper hold up in salt water?
It doesn't.

mudflat

• Smolt
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 01:52:39 pm »
Now you have me interested...What are the details,in regards to sinking ability,material,life expectancy, reel size requirement,price?

Are you showing and selling this at LOTSA?

We will be at the LOTSA show with a booth explaining how to tie knots and demonstrate the product, and one of the retailers will be selling our product. Sink Rate is the same as copper and it is the same diameter as copper. This new fishing line will have a lifetime guarantee against breaking so there is no need to worry about that. Most of our releasing of information has been on our Facebook page and there will be many video's there that will answer many questions. Price wise it will be the same as copper. We are not willing at this moment to go into specific details in regards to materials although I am certain our competition will find out soon enough. The new line is salt and fresh water able.

Just received 300' of your 60lb wire.  First impression is it looks good and it handles just like your video shows, very limp with no memory.  It doesn't seem that a swivel/haywire twist is going to work like it does with copper, what knots are you recommending to use with 50#pp backing and the leader?  Albright? 

There's very little info on your website and some of us old guys don't do FB

FishOn (mkulak)

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 05:34:36 pm »
Will anyone be selling it at the Toronto Sportsman show?
Marc | 1989 Tiara 2700 | Kings Landing

jinx

• Full Box
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »
Will anyone be selling it at the Toronto Sportsman show?
Will not be at the sportsman show but will be at the London fishing show

jinx

• Full Box
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:22 pm »
Now you have me interested...What are the details,in regards to sinking ability,material,life expectancy, reel size requirement,price?

We will be at the LOTSA show with a booth explaining how to tie knots and demonstrate the product, and one of the retailers will be selling our product. Sink Rate is the same as copper and it is the same diameter as copper. This new fishing line will have a lifetime guarantee against breaking so there is no need to worry about that. Most of our releasing of information has been on our Facebook page and there will be many video's there that will answer many questions. Price wise it will be the same as copper. We are not willing at this moment to go into specific details in regards to materials although I am certain our competition will find out soon enough. The new line is salt and fresh water able.

Just received 300' of your 60lb wire.  First impression is it looks good and it handles just like your video shows, very limp with no memory.  It doesn't seem that a swivel/haywire twist is going to work like it does with copper, what knots are you recommending to use with 50#pp backing and the leader?  Albright? 

I will put up a video shortly

mudflat

• Smolt
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »

I will put up a video shortly

jinx

Where are you going to post your video? 
I'm not sure an Albright knot is going to work with the 60lb, might be too large, so I'm looking for your suggested knots.

Thanks

jmarion

• TEAM MEAN JEANS
  • 30 Pounder
  • TEAM MEAN JEANS
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 08:06:03 pm »
Where is this for sale? I knew there was a reason I waited on buying copper.,

jinx

• Full Box
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 11:48:36 am »
In Canada currently only available at our website torpedodivers.com. After April will be available in stores.