Author Topic: 2016 Lake Ontario Tournament dates?  (Read 16604 times)

jmarion

• TEAM MEAN JEANS
  • 30 Pounder
  • TEAM MEAN JEANS
2016 Lake Ontario Tournament dates?
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:45:19 pm »
Hey guys.

Is there an all in one spot that lists all of the salmon derbys/tournaments on Lake Ontario?

This is going to be my first year entering a large portion of them and I need to mark them down on calendars so the wife doesnt divorce me ;)

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks :)

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

fishdawg

• Full Box
Re: 2016 Lake Ontario Tournament dates?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:13:09 pm »
some of the confirmed events & dates I know of (mostly SW Lake O, I'm missing the ones held out of Whitby, Bronte, Pt Credit, ect..)

SLA Ken Fisher Memorial Spring Fling (each boat must have one member)
Jordan April

Spring KOTL / Pt Weller - April 30-May1

Wilson Invitational May 7

SCGFA Port Dalhousie 3x3 Salmon Classic May 21-23

SLA Skyway Challenge - Fishermans Pier June 4

Toronto King of Kings Shootout June 18

Toronto King of Kings Shootout July 30

SLA Catch The Fry - Pt Dalhousie 27

Fall KOTL Pt Weller - Sept 3-4

Theres also a bunch of Lake Erie walleye ones I am missing too

jmarion

• TEAM MEAN JEANS
  • 30 Pounder
  • TEAM MEAN JEANS
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:03:22 pm »
Thank you :)

This is a good start to tell the wife.. lol..

Everyone please add so we can all be  on the same page :)

visionquest

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 11:42:58 am »
Hello All,

The spring KOTL is a Friday/Saturday with make up day Sunday.  No Big Fish Thursday. Date: April 29 & 30 2016

The Fall KOTL is a Friday/Saturday with make up day Sunday.  No Big Fish Thursday. Date: September 2 & 3  2016

Wilson Harbor is a Saturday with make up Sunday.  May 7  2016

Captains meeting at Montys Pub (St. Caths)
Weigh ins at Bass Pro

This year the Great Lakes Tackle Shop.com  overall includes the Wilson Harbor Invitational.  Congratulations to Team Two Fish for winning in 2015.

A new website will be launched within a week.

Capt. Pete
www.visionquestfishing.com

fishdawg

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 06:41:53 pm »
Thanks Pete for clarifying those dates

starcraft

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:45:45 pm »
Why the change to the Friday/Saturday for the KOTL?

jmarion

• TEAM MEAN JEANS
  • 30 Pounder
  • TEAM MEAN JEANS
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 01:51:20 pm »
Why the change to the Friday/Saturday for the KOTL?

Yeah I'm wondering that too?

What??

youngfisher

• Full Box
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 06:08:55 pm »
A Friday ? That's kinda stupid.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Scottmeafish

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 01:04:23 am »
Maybe someone should post the entry fees so only the people who are going to spend the big bucks will voice their displeasure with the dates only later too find out they arnt going too spend the $$$....

jmarion

• TEAM MEAN JEANS
  • 30 Pounder
  • TEAM MEAN JEANS
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 11:07:04 am »
Maybe someone should post the entry fees so only the people who are going to spend the big bucks will voice their displeasure with the dates only later too find out they arnt going too spend the $$$....

The entry fees are already known...

Your post makes no sense.. No one who has replied voicing their displeasure isn't intending on going to KOTL, but the fact that it is now on a Friday, Saturday I can see alot of people dropping out.

bigbus

• Full Box
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 11:34:58 am »
most teams fished friday as the big fish/prefish day anyway, my guess is bumping the main tourny day back a day allows them to keep one more day in a weekend as a spare for bad weather. big money 2 day tournaments that end after the first day because of bad weather suck. this may help the smaller boat guys get involved too if the tourny commitees are more willing too cancel one day if the weather is looking better the next. I do see how it is harder to put a full crew together for the friday though. im sure a lot of teams fished with less/different guys on the prefish/big fish day in the past.

fishdawg

• Full Box
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 11:49:42 am »

There hasn't been any entry fee changes to any of the events from last year that i posted...

youngfisher

• Full Box
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 02:36:25 pm »
most teams fished friday as the big fish/prefish day anyway, my guess is bumping the main tourny day back a day allows them to keep one more day in a weekend as a spare for bad weather. big money 2 day tournaments that end after the first day because of bad weather suck. this may help the smaller boat guys get involved too if the tourny commitees are more willing too cancel one day if the weather is looking better the next. I do see how it is harder to put a full crew together for the friday though. im sure a lot of teams fished with less/different guys on the prefish/big fish day in the past.
That's the problem. I was going to fish my boat Friday as my team mate with the bigger boat is working Friday. Now I gotta take Thursday off to pre fish. Losing 2 days of work and putting out x amount of dollars. I'm questioning my entry now as the big boat won't be attending either of the kotl events this year.  Plus this bracket thing.... Is it 100 percent pay out ?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ROUGHNECK NEWFIE

• 30 Pounder
  • if you live long enough, something has to kill ya!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 12:39:41 pm »
Well I know for certain that this will lose a few boats, mine included if they do it this way.  Has it not been working in past years? why the change? Salmon fishing and tourneys is expensive enough as it is, losing days of work or using vacation days makes it harder on everyones pocket book...

We were looking forward to fishing both this year possibly, but not looking this way now.

And before anyone makes another smart ass comment about the entry fees, we know them or else why would we post our concerns on a public forum? I for one am starting a new job and will not be asking for extra days off to support my recreational hobbies...I am sure I am not alone in this situation...

Anyway, that is my rant....if it goes off as normal we will be in, if not...OUT....not a big deal to me either way, career comes first.

Cheers
Big Newf
Dodger

weese3

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 08:58:28 pm »
Myself, my wife and son travel 5-5.5 hours from Brockville and my 2 other team members travel 6-6.5 hours from Ottawa every spring for the KOTL event..  I have never sat down and figured out the numbers because my wife would get ahold of them and murder me, but I am gonna ballpark it costs me $2000-$2500 for the weekend with fuel, food, entry fees etc.. The new date format is going to be hard to plan for this year with the fact we all have full time 50+hr a week jobs and will not get our Friday pre-fish/Big Fish Friday.. 

I can't see us not going, but at the same time it's gonna be a real pain in the butt for us..

Adam
"My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I said I paid for it."