General > General Board

Scotty Pro Packs 1116

(1/2) > >>

Gman:
Can the swivel bases on this model be removed?

The reason I ask is I'd be mounting them to a Bert's swivel riser and it would keep the set-up a several inches lower?

Cheers,
Gman

getitwet:
yes you can berts will have the instruction if not call me 905 835 8105

Gman:
Thanks Yvan.
Just doing all my homework before I move forward with a purchase and was looking for answers from the experts such as your self  ;).  I think everything will work out perfect  :)

Tha't would be one more Scotty customer, BTW I'm switching from BJ's!

Cheers,
Gman

BlueKnight:
Hey GMAN best thing you have ever done. I got my Scotty's 4 or 5 years ago & haven't regretted the move. Oh I'm not on their Pro Staff either, this comes right from the heart LOL.

Gman:
Rayzer - further to our PM's here's  few pics to give you an idea of my current set-up and to illustrate just how high the rigger set-upo actually is -

You can get a better view from over my friend's shoulder in this pic. That's the 3" riser plus the base of the riser then the big jon swivel base then the riggers mounted to that! The rigger riser is part of the rigger and is all one piece -  they weigh in @ 36# each  

When I'm done for the day everything jsut slides out of the track including the riggers on the riser.

Blueknight - I've been wanting to do it for some time. The off season gave me the time to do the research I needed to do regarding removing the swivel bases to mount on the Bert's swivel riser. In my opinion I acutally think the Scotty's look are nicer than the BJ's.

Actually there are many that have helped me make my mind up on the swich  from this past summer -

Dave Sullivan - Hot Reels
Yvan Charois - Get It Wet
Matt Santoro - Hot Rods
Vito - Lord of the Kings

Give your self a pat on the back boys  ;)

Cheers,
Gman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version