Author Topic: Shakers on lead core off planners  (Read 3518 times)

Westy

• Shaker
Shakers on lead core off planners
« on: June 29, 2017, 05:32:59 pm »
Hello

I have recently bought a new salmon boat and have been experimenting with copper and lead core off inline planned boards. I am having a hard time determining that there is a shaker on the lure.  I am using the Church walleye boards and I can't notice a small fish.

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

centerspin

• 30 Pounder
Re: Shakers on lead core off planners
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:07:18 pm »
Hi . You may need to add a double action flag system to gour board to detexct light strikes. I am looking to boy one myself and cant find it locally ( Guelph/ k w Aera)

Smoke_N_Finn

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:39:27 am »
Set your drag so any extra resistance will pull it out.  That and once you have more experience watching boards you will be abl to tell, also board will start dragging back, even with a twelve inch fish on it. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

headtowater

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 10:39:13 am »
If you can and if you are running more than one board put at least two on the same side if you don't want to use flags. Once they are out they will track in line if set properly and if small fish is on one will go out of line (drag harder). usually I will only run two out lines on boards but both will be on one side for that purpose as I haven't got the eye yet. then stacked dipsys on the other side. Saves some cost with flags

Westy

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 09:40:24 pm »
Thanks for the info gentlemen. Much appreciated.