Community Center > Product Reviews

solar panels

(1/2) > >>

hodgey17:
Wondering if anyone has had any good results with a solar panel to charge a trolling motor? If so what did you buy. thx... Dennis

Cavan Catcher:
I have also been looking into this but have not come to a good conclusion. My plan was to back feed it through the connector, but run into issues as I have a 36v system. If you have a 12v system you can just use a small one from CDN Tire. Make sure you unplug it prior to using the motor. I read some other place that it is not good to draw from and charge the battery at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodgey17:
Good to know. Thx CC.

horsehunter:

--- Quote from: Cavan Catcher on December 07, 2017, 05:24:55 pm ---I have also been looking into this but have not come to a good conclusion. My plan was to back feed it through the connector, but run into issues as I have a 36v system. If you have a 12v system you can just use a small one from CDN Tire. Make sure you unplug it prior to using the motor. I read some other place that it is not good to draw from and charge the battery at the same time.

--- End quote ---

Isn't that what your truck is doing all the time

Cavan Catcher:
 I am no mechanic but I believe that your battery is only used when starting the truck. Once it a running the power is coming from the alternator. The alternator is proving power to the truck and also charging the battery.
For your trolling set up you would have your charger and load connected directly to the battery which a different than your truck. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version