Author Topic: 2018 Spring Salmon Derby  (Read 5401 times)

scgameandfish

• 30 Pounder
2018 Spring Salmon Derby
« on: March 01, 2018, 07:15:25 am »
The St Catharines Game & Fish Association is proud to announce that the 43rd annual Spring Salmon will be running from Sat April 7 to Sat June 9

We are thankful for the support of our generous sponsors and all the participating anglers over the years which has allowed us to keep this event running and to offer the prize structure that we have.

Back again, is the Early Bird Draw; purchase your Spring tickets by Mon March 26 and you will be eligible to win a Scotty HP 2116 Downrigger! (Cutoff is 5pm for online sales and at Peters & Grimsby Tackle) Tickets will be sold up until the time of draw at our March General Meeting, on Mon March 26

We will also be having an early bird draw for a free 2018 Lunch Ramp Pass in Port Dalhousie. Everyone who purchases a 2018 SCGFA Membership by March 26 will qualify.

We have also expanded the Junior Division; there will now be 3placings, for all 4 species!

While we are at it we are also pleased to announce that our Summer Derby will also be back from Sat June 16 to Sat Sept 15. Yes we have decided to combine our Summer & Fall derbies into one, and to offer the exact same prize structure as in the Spring!

For all of the guides and charter boats who purchase boat tickets for our derbies, we will be adding a listing section on our website to link to your websites and/or social media pages.  There is no additional charge for this and you will be added to it shortly after your purchase is complete. Please contact us if you are not listed and should be. We appreciate your support!

Finally all those who purchase Spring & Summer derby tickets will again eligible to win an additional Scotty HP 2116 Downrigger, which will be drawn at our Derby Awards Night on Fri Sept 28

Our ticket Prices have not changed with the exception of a $1 surcharge added to online purchases. We do encourage participants to purchase tickets from your local outlet if possible. Tickets  & Memberships can be purchased online here: https://scgfa.ca/event/spring-derby/ For online purchases please print your invoice, that will serve as your ticket. Your transaction ID # is your ticket number to enter at the time of weigh-in

Please join us Mon March 26 at The Rib Crib & Smoke Shop (106 Lakeport Road, St Catharines) at 7pm for our next General meeting. We are excited to have Joselyn Leung from Angling Outfitters s our guest speaker. He will be sharing his knowledge of marine electronics  and  also what’s new, as well as making sure you are getting the most out of your units. All are welcome!

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

HBC

• Full Box
Re: 2018 Spring Salmon Derby
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:44:16 pm »
Peter's Tackle is really sticking their neck out for their prize....cough.

riggermortis

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 04:50:01 pm »
Peter's Tackle is really sticking their neck out for their prize....cough.

I've fished this derby for years. It was 30lbs when I started and it was won. It went to 31lbs and it was owon a couple years back. Now it 32. Pretty fair considering they have payed out twice.

Scottmeafish

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 05:56:52 pm »
There was a 31 and change a year or two ago that just missed by a once or two.

Its an awesome derby that supports a great club and puts all species in play and the cost to enter is amazing. I can't wait for April.

halibut

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 02:30:43 pm »
Anyone know what the family ticket constitutes? Its usually me and my dad fishing, but we're both adults, would that qualify?

scgameandfish

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 11:00:58 pm »
Anyone know what the family ticket constitutes? Its usually me and my dad fishing, but we're both adults, would that qualify?

no
Family ticket is 2 spouses (or common law partners) and their kids 16 and under