Author Topic: Flat line off planer board  (Read 1745 times)

Plattinum

• Shaker
Flat line off planer board
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:22:15 pm »
Currently running 2 rigger/2 dipsy spread. Until i get a few leadcore setups is it worth adding flatlines off inline boards if I have 3 people in the boat? Thinking of using my walleye stuff (deep taildancers/husky jerks) with snap weights for now. Anyone have any experience doing this or advice?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

centerspin

• 30 Pounder
Re: Flat line off planer board
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 10:17:24 pm »
Adding 2-3 color kead is another option

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:20:19 pm »
It'll work as long as the water temperatures are cooler. If you are trolling at 2.2 mph, you aren't going to get much depth with snap weights. I used to put some big drop weights on the line and I think the best it would get is 10' deep (my guess).

I basically attached a split ring to the end of my mono (or braid) line ... from here I clipped the drop weight (few ounces) and also attached a leader line about 6 to 8 ft long ... had to watch rookies didn't wind the line up to the split ring, and damage the first eye on the rod ...
Fishing, the best addiction out there ...

Plattinum

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:37 pm »
Thanks for the info! Think I'll try running my 25-30ft cranks n if I get the odd bow I'll be happy until I get a few core setups to replace them.

Sjhagarty

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 09:21:45 pm »
Thanks for the info! Think I'll try running my 25-30ft cranks n if I get the odd bow I'll be happy until I get a few core setups to replace them.
Two colors of core doesn't need a setup.  Just peel out 100 feet of line splice in the leadcore.  Then when you want to try a swr just put it down on a rigger. No special reel or rod required for a 2 or 3 color.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk