Author Topic: Yak Attack, Lake Ontario, Grimsby  (Read 1637 times)

King Joe

• 24 Pounder
Yak Attack, Lake Ontario, Grimsby
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:31:26 pm »
Got out for my maiden voyage of the year out of Grimsby....my first and last.  2 other yak'rs heading out just before me though they immediately went towards Hamilton along the shore as I went straight 'out'.  On water by 8:00 am

Very dirty close but within maybe 2 kms, water began clearing...at about 4 km, was clear blue.  I set up running Apex though my selection was very poor so....yeah, that was a bit of a bust.  I basically ran all over from 25' to 42' of water....running mostly parallel to shore but also perpendicular now and then.  There were about 7 boats in 'my' area doing basically the same runs.

ZERO interest in Apex thought I attribute that more to lack of selection to offer than the lure or technique.  Ran spoons for a bit later in the day but paddle yak'ing spoons is hard work keeping the needed speed to turn spoons.  About 2:00 pm after many miles already on and only a couple boats left out with me, I decided to run some sticks for a bit.

About the 32' dpw, I had a good hit that I got to fight for a bit....before 'it' wrapped on some bottom structure....and pulled off.  And, that's it, that's all.  While I was trying to stick with the boats for the most part and of course, did not see everything, I did only see ONE fish caught by the boats.

AND.....that's all for me for at least a year.  Heading west for work so hanging up the paddle for a bit. 

King Joe, OUTA HERE!

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement