Author Topic: Sunday April 2 Lake O. Brownie Report (pics)  (Read 2846 times)

Gman

Sunday April 2 Lake O. Brownie Report (pics)
« on: April 02, 2006, 09:48:00 pm »
Hit the water early this morning with dwc67 in search of browns,,,,,EUREKA  ;D  Set-up shallow with j11's and spoons.  Water was gin clear with steady temps of 43-44 degrees.  Ended up going 5 for 6 and called'er a day around 12:30pm.

Ended up putting the leadcore to use as I was so excited to try it out being my first season with it - 2 of my 3  browns came of the core straight out 'da shout   ;D  - Man I love saying that   8-)  I also have a feeling a common saying on my boat this year will be " Time to get the lead out"  :D   Don't know why I waited so long !

Biggest fish of the day was 27" which came off the core   ;D - my first fish our second.  Water was quite clear and long leads were required.

Here's a few pics
[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Cheers,
Gman

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

SkeinMachine

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 10:09:00 pm »
8-)  8-) Nice shots Gman,thx for sharing.

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:15:00 am »
Great report and pics Gavin. Thanks

Jello

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:34:00 pm »
You guys did pretty good out there!   Much better report that the ones on Saturday.

I'm hoping to give it another shot this weekend.  Need some fish to give me some confidence in my gear.   ;)  Hopefully we'll se you out there.

Gman

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 07:56:00 am »
I'd love to make it out this weekend but I've got 2 little problems - a little thing called inventory at work and I'm still waiting for my boat to come in  :-[  Should only be a week or so now  8-)

Good luck.

Cheers,
Gman

salmon

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
Good fishing..all this mixed up weather this week..who knows what the weekend will bring.

Jello

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »
That stinks Gman.  WHy does work always have to get in the way of fishing?  There should be a law against that!  ;)

Gman

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 09:02:00 pm »
Can't really complain as we trade a day or so on a weekend to get 10 days off at Christmas - it's a fair trade I just wish we could do inventory in March instead of April   :-/  Gotta do whatchya gotta do  ;)

Cheers,
Gman

GT2

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 10:25:00 pm »
Great report Gavin. Did you happen to mark or see any signs of baitschools out there yet? Whether it be alewife or smelt? See you at the swill next week.

nylandshark

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 11:29:00 am »
Hit the Oswego Harbor friday for a few hours.  I went  1 for 2  with the  boated brown about 8lbs.   Both hits  off a Smithwick rr.   Nice day on the water.   Messed around below the  104 bridge in the river but only managed a bunch of smallies.  I think next week will be good