Author Topic: 2019 Bronte Classic  (Read 10088 times)

bigbus

• Full Box
2019 Bronte Classic
« on: August 07, 2019, 05:31:32 pm »

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

B-Rad

• 24 Pounder
Re: 2019 Bronte Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 08:43:56 am »
3 days left to sign up for a chance to enter into the draw for a great Early Bird prize. Early Bird deadline is Midnight, August 15th.

B-Rad

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 12:19:20 pm »
5 spots left!!!

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 05:41:21 pm »
Wish I could make it.
Wish I had a crew. LoL

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 01:59:06 pm »
How did the Bronte Classic go? Are there any reports on fish caught and sizes?  I know Bronte had really slowed down for me the last few days so I was hoping it picked up for the tournament anglers.   Thanks.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

antondavel

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 09:08:28 am »
Its funny that these organizers of these tournaments find time to advertise these events but cant seem to find time to post the results. I guess if you cant make it you don't get to see how it played out! Take a page out of the KOTL and post the results. :-X

bigmatt

• Reel Knockoffs
  • Full Box
  • born to fish, forced to work
    • reel knockoffs
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 02:56:55 pm »
Here’s an idea.... get involved with a club and stop bitching about an event you didn’t “find the time” to fish. Winning box was 67lbs (3 fish) Tails Up Sportfishing, Jeff Verdone. Fishing was tough in the AM with 53 boats blasting off from bronte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt <'>< Reel Knockoffs Guide Service

antondavel

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 03:46:32 pm »
Thanks,
now that wasn't so hard was it.  :'(

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 06:28:42 pm »
Wow bigmatt, that's not very sportsmanlike, I was surprised too that with 50ish boats in a tournament no one responded, and appreciated that comment by antondavel but no biggie.  I didn't realize I had to belong to a club to get the information from an event on a public lake, I was just curious how the day went for the boats, lots of advertising on this members board but no reports, no problem, pretty harmless, I'm not going to take any info I get and corner the market on Bronte don't worry.  Due to some physical issues this year I was not able to commit to a full day tournament but was still interested, also don't assume everyone has a spare $150 for one day of fishing to equate to "didn't find the time to fish".  I'm sure you don't represent the general opinions of the majority of anglers in the club so I don't put a lot of stock in your rant but had to get on my soapbox for antondavel as like I said, that was not very sportsmanlike.

I share my locations, lure choices etc on this board in hopes it helps other anglers catch fish as others have shared with me over the years so I can land more fish, that's what this board is about.  After not getting any responses I contacted the HRSTA coordinator to ask about the day and Kevin promptly responded to me and was fantastic, he filled me in on the full details and it sounded like a great day but yes tough fishing.  I was going to post the full details in this post incase anyone else was interested but had not gotten to it yet and won't bother now obviously.

Salmon Sublx8r

• Full Box
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 06:31:47 pm »
Haters will be Malakas.

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 06:42:21 pm »
LOL!!!  I just googled that word, priceless, thanks for adding a laugh.  Jason.

bigbus

• Full Box
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 07:12:12 pm »
I am the primary poster for any photos and most updates for the club, I was away and unable to provide the updates, I know the tournament was a great time for many who participated, stay tuned as we will provide results on the tournament as well as the CPR shortly.

Sjhagarty

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 10:36:38 pm »
Its funny that these organizers of these tournaments find time to advertise these events but cant seem to find time to post the results. I guess if you cant make it you don't get to see how it played out! Take a page out of the KOTL and post the results. :-X
I think you're missing the point of these events. People have lives, they don't owe you the results.  Comparing to Kotl is silly, ones for profit, ones for fundraising. If you're looking for results and just general what's going on around the lake, consider Instagram.

Thanks HRSTA for all you do!

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

bigbus

• Full Box
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 10:44:31 pm »
Here is the top 10!
Many other amazing prizes from out great sponsors were awarded on Saturday also.
The attendance at the weigh-in was awesome! 113 anglers came for the weigh-in and enjoyed one awesome meal. We would like to thank all of the participating teams, the 53 boat blast-off would have been something to see. We would also like to thank all of our sponsors, without your support this event would not have been the success it was!
The Classic will be back next year, and we hope to see you there!

antondavel

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 08:35:44 am »
I think you're missing the point of these events. People have lives, they don't owe you the results.  Comparing to Kotl is silly, ones for profit, ones for fundraising. If you're looking for results and just general what's going on around the lake, consider Instagram.

Thanks HRSTA for all you do!

I don't think I'm missing any point! Your right "People have Lives" so when someone asks what occurred at a fund raising event they were unable to attend because "people have Lives" maybe a little more courteous response would have been "stay tuned" or " it will be posted when I find time" but thanks for your interest. Not some smart ass punk remark! If your ilk are the type of anglers involved with these fundraisers I dont want anything to do with it. I'll continue to support the 'Silly' KOTL and the even sillier GOSD. Have nice winter!
Thanks Jason for your understanding of what was actually being requested.
Nasty people will be Malakas

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk