Author Topic: Port Dalhousie Sept 19 AM  (Read 3317 times)

drjoe

• Full Box
Port Dalhousie Sept 19 AM
« on: September 19, 2019, 09:08:39 pm »
Maybe its over ! Out at first light no marks until ~80 to ~100 fow with consistent marks as we have seen all summer but minimal takers for us . Went through the box , weeds and sea fleas did not help .Got broke off a Apex rose/purple/ silver on a dipsy [ line wrapped around ] run clean no flasher and a hit on cut bait that was it !

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
Re: Port Dalhousie Sept 19 AM
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 11:56:14 pm »
I'll be trying my luck on Saturday. I think I'll do half a day on lake O for salmon and half a day on Erie for walleye. If that fails I'll be cooking cut bait for dinner.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 06:28:05 am »
IMO go to Lake Erie if you can get out !

riggerrob

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 02:52:19 pm »
Stay out of the warm Lake Erie water that is flowing out from the Weller Canal.  Stay on the west side if there is a regular west to east current flow.  You can tell that by NOAA Coastwatch or looking at the stain in the water and 'stuff' building up on the temp break.  There is usually a late run.  Mother nature sends some early in July and some even in October/November.  As of today, the late run is not in, if it is coming at all.  Time On The Water will tell or of course, this website, kek!  Last check on Sep 19th, showed only one silver and about 2 dozen darkened salmon at the spillway.  I will get some pics tomorrow and post if I remember.

scarab

• Smolt
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 08:48:49 pm »
Well Port Dalhousie  is still producing sept-20  cause I was there in 40-50 water today and came home with a 20 # chinook and missed one also, on a sardine {cheap from stores) bait rig and also bites from a stingray 3" spoon in  watermelon colors , one day the fish are there and the next day they are not, the fish are there on the GARMIN  but the key IS LIKE EARLY BITE FROM 7 TO 10 AM WHEN THE FISH ARE ACTIVE! BUT I WAS SURPRISED TO GET A CRAZY KING CHINOOK AT 1PM IN THE AFTERNOON ON MY STINGRAY SPOON IN LIKE 45 WATER WHEN I ACTUALLY GAVE UP ALREADY JUST COASTING IN TO THE HARBOR FOR THE DAY!

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 06:27:37 am »
Good to read that. I'm just hooking up the boat to go. Should be fishing by. 6:30am if all goes well.

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 11:58:21 am »
12 hours on the water. 2 rod spread. 40fow to 350fow. Meat, spoons, flies. Riggers, dipseys and copper.2.5 to3.5mph. Ran rods from 40 ft down to 110ft down. Trolled in every direction. Didn't move a rod once. I marked lots of fish lots of bait. Very disheartening to say the least. I saw a few boats out there but no one that I spoke to had any better luck. I guess i should have gone erie instead but I'm goo stubborn. Lol

Joltjr

• Shaker
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 04:09:14 pm »
I fished Erie for the first time yesterday, ended up with 5 walleye. Without a doubt the worst fighting fish around. I’d rather get skunked fishing salmon/trout on Ontario than make the run to Erie.

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 09:01:59 pm »
I know. When i fish for walleye it's for the meat. I sometimes drift fish the upper river between the round house and the peace bridge with light tackle. You get a bit more fight then and the odd bass will give you a run for your money.

I have to say my favorite fish to fight was Tiger fish on the Zambezi river back when I lived in Africa. Lol

gordy mohr

• Full Box
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 06:22:55 pm »
12 hours on the water. 2 rod spread. 40fow to 350fow. Meat, spoons, flies. Riggers, dipseys and copper.2.5 to3.5mph. Ran rods from 40 ft down to 110ft down. Trolled in every direction. Didn't move a rod once. I marked lots of fish lots of bait. Very disheartening to say the least. I saw a few boats out there but no one that I spoke to had any better luck. I guess i should have gone erie instead but I'm goo stubborn. Lol

if you want those zombie black chinook , troll #13 #14 #15 slow kwikfish  along rock walls in 20  ft water

of all the things Ive lost, I miss my mind the most

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 01:45:19 am »
Thats a big ass fish.