Author Topic: Anyone still out  (Read 2974 times)

Bigtrout29

• Shaker
Anyone still out
« on: October 24, 2019, 09:40:38 am »
Hey guys anyone still out on the lake wanna get out one more time before the dread winter storage thanks for the info

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

onelastcast1

• 30 Pounder
Re: Anyone still out
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 01:00:02 pm »
I put the boat away after a disappointing 8 hour trip out of Burlington this pass weekend.  Trolled from the lift bridge and pass Bronte Harbour.  Only 1/2.  Landed a small rainbow in 85 fow down 75 on Green Monkey Puke Northern King.  Fish we lost was a small shaker.  Went out as far as 220 with nothing on the screen all day.  Only marked fish in 80-90 fow on bottom.  We did mark big hooks 20 ft off bottom in front of shell pier but could not get them to hit.  Even marked the spot on the finder and circled back for them.  No bait balls all day long at all compare to this time last year when the bait was so heavy it would fill half the screen and shake the rods as we passed by.  All bait we marked this year were very small and few in between.  Good luck if you go out.  Let us know how you make out. 

Darkfish

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 06:43:01 pm »
I am curious also. This is the first year I decided to move my boat out of Lake O and into Lake Erie for the last 2 months of fishing. I have been having great success catching walleye (and recently perch, which has surprisingly been fun) and I think this is has been superior to trying to fish late in the year on Lake O. Based on my experience (the last 5 years) - this year - September and October fishing on Lake Erie has been more fun than fishing on Lake O in the past September and October. So I am pretty sure this is going to be how I do it from now on. As luck would have it - Sugar Loaf Marina in Port Colborne have very reasonable prices for transients in the fall... don't get me wrong - nothing beats the scream of the reel on Lake O when a huge King hits... but come September and October I find it more fun to catch some meat on Lake Erie in a four hour span rather than catching 2 or 3 fish on Lake O on a good 8 hour day in the fall...

joes13

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 09:20:26 am »
Bought my first boat this year and have been doing great with walleye all summer off of point Abino. Tried for perch a couple times and no luck so far. I've heard reports of people catching some and would like to know what people are doing to locate them. I have a Humminbird Helix 5 G2 with DI and chirp.