Author Topic: new to the board  (Read 2559 times)

kennyQ

• Shaker
new to the board
« on: March 18, 2020, 11:12:44 pm »
Good evening all,

In these trying times I wish and hope everyone and their families be safe and healthy and together we can pull through this. I'm glad to know there"re forums like this and others that can help and keep the lines of communication open and keep our minds off things if not for a moment.   

Fished bass and walleye in smaller lakes most of my life, Bay of Quinte and most recently lake Erie. New to salmon and bows. Got an 18ft legend brand new right out of the box and fully rigged. New to downrigging but fished alot of dipsy on Erie and Quinte. 
Want to fish the blue zone this year. Any tips or pointers on spoons and rigs would be greatly appreciated.
Also anyone know where i can get some hearing or strips.

Stay safe everyone and tight lines!

KennyQ

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

salmontracker

• Full Box
Re: new to the board
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 12:34:04 pm »
Welcome aboard. I’m guessing you’re fishing out of Port Credit. You’ll find there is much info on this site.

kennyQ

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 06:15:34 pm »
Yes, I'm in the Mississauga area. Never fished Lake Ontario excluding, the Quinte. I've trolled 10 miles out on Erie in my 15ft! If youve ever fished Erie ? youd know thats not an easy task. No reason why I cant hit the Zone with my new boat.   

Got2Bite

• Full Box
    • Got2Bite Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 10:05:17 am »
Welcome to the board Kenny.  There are many of us who fish out of PC.

The Port Credit Salmon and Trout Association (PCSTA) has an annual derby at the end of June out of PC, this will be our 10th anniversary, so stay tuned for some news about our derby and more.

Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions about fishing out of PC.
Fish Got2Bite

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 09:23:40 pm »
Welcome to the group Kenny.  The Blue Zone can be a magical place some days, it’s one of the few places I can still hit double digits (sometimes) on my own.   Our Western end was not the greatest in 2019 but your end and further down seem to knock it out of the park annually, you have a whole bunch of seasoned anglers on here from your area to draw upon.

There was a thread a couple weeks ago about available herring strips and diy ideas so look back a few pages and you may find it.  I get my own at an Asian grocery store in Mississauga on Central Parkway, the staff are great and can help but likely not for a few weeks now due to the closures.  I don’t do much different out there, sometimes longer leads if higher in the column just because it’s so clear.  That said, I have never personally caught derby quality fish out there, but bigger numbers and that’s always a good time.   I’m looking forward to others chiming in but there are lots of posts on the BZ. 

Not sure if you are a solo angler but I always make sure I have all my safety gear in order and lots of gas when I plan on heading out.  Not sure how far off the BZ is out of PC but after misjudging my gas gauge once and making it home trimmed right up to get every last drop of gas to the rear of the boat, I almost learned the hard way, if I was not at full trim, the boat would die, so it must have looked funny but I was bone dry at the dock, oh well we all have our stories.  Like 10 miles out on Erie in a 15’ boat right :)

The water looks almost tropical out there and when it’s on, it’s on, enjoy.  Jason.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

Owen416

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 09:37:34 pm »
Blue zone out of port credit is a long way out to 300+fow.  X2 on some epic days 20+ fish.  But also be prepared for a skunk and 100$ in lost fuel.  Personally I love it out there with no boat traffic. ( though you’d be surprised how many boats show up randomly).  Also locating fish out there can be very challenging.  Either way it’s a blast when it’s calm.

kennyQ

• Shaker
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 02:10:34 pm »
Thanks for the reply and info guys. looking forward to getting out there. Not looking good so far with all the health concerns. Stay safe everyone