Author Topic: Scotty black box???  (Read 3574 times)

MINNOWNITE

• Shaker
Scotty black box???
« on: April 15, 2020, 08:03:28 pm »
Anyone use or have used a black box? Just bought a pair of Scotty 2106 and they came with it. Never heard of it before now. Mostly Erie for eyes. Sometimes Ontario for salmon/trout. Thoughts? If I were to sell it what’s it worth?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

saugeendrifter

• 30 Pounder
Re: Scotty black box???
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 02:21:48 pm »
Both scotty and pro troll make one. Ion control riggers use this theory.
Theory is; when a bait fish is fleeing it releases a minute electrical signal in to the water (fact)
The lateral line of the predatory fish picks up on this (fact) and stimulates the fish to strike (unknown)
Testing done showed that if you were to introduce specific voltages in the water you can either attract or repel fish (fact) in an aquarium type set up

Theory is if you set the black box to a specific voltage you can influence the fish to be more aggressive feeders and therefore catch more fish because the voltage subconsciously tells them to feed. If memory serves me its .650 for Lakers and .550 for kings, but that's a guess; haven't used them for awhile.  This is impossible to know if its 100% fact; if you fished the exact way on the exact spot at the exact time without it would you have still caught those fish???

I ran these on my boat for years, I believed they worked. It is impossible to say with 100% certainty if they are the missing piece to the puzzle. I recall one day turning on the black box on rigger one and catching 9 fish off that rigger but only 2 off the other; however; I was running the same spoons (but we all know 2 identical spoons don't catch the same numbers of fish and one will always out fish the other whether it is bent differently or has a slightly different colour to it). The side that caught 2 was on the motor side, the riggers fished at different depths and Im unsure if I predominately turn right or left which matters.

I have caught fish with or without, if you have a boat the sends an undesirable voltage in to the water than I'd say use it. We all have our secrets and all have our quirky things we believe catch more fish. Hell run it and see what happens.

You can go on the ProTroll website and they have a manual explaining the theory in greater detail.
Give a fish and they eat for a day, teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime both in mind and body