Author Topic: Fish Hawk X2 question  (Read 307 times)

waterdownredneck

• 30 Pounder
Fish Hawk X2 question
« on: May 29, 2020, 03:56:40 pm »
Hi yíall, just about to buy a Fish Hawk, at SAIL likely as they have the best prices.  I had a Depth Raider for years and loved it except for the coated cable and was quite content with just speed and temp at the ball which is all the X2 provides, there is no question my catch rate was better with the system.  I know the X4D provides the actual cannonball depth including blowback but i donít think Iím so concerned about that. If I mark fish in 50 fow depending on where they went through the cone of my ducer and how far of a lead I have out, Iím not sure if 5í here or there would make a difference for me unless they were below I guess as they canít look down.  I also run 4í line catches so itís easier for me to connect my line so my lure is actually about 5í-6í above the cannonball anyway.  Thoughts?

Iím not concerned about the $200 difference, the X2 just seems a bit easier and I donít care about surface temp, speed or Bluetooth which are all provided in the X4D. 

Anyone with the new X2 that can chime in?  I know itís risky but I also never ran breakaway drop cables on my probe, just kept it on my shallow rigger.  Thanks a lot for any thoughts, Jason. 
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

CATNIP II

• Full Box
Re: Fish Hawk X2 question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 07:35:34 pm »
I do not find the  actual depth reading to be all that useful. It is bit of an eye opener when you try to get really deep and find out the ball will not go deeper no matter how much cable you put out.