Author Topic: Lake Ontario  (Read 2332 times)

JpScribbler

• Shaker
Lake Ontario
« on: May 11, 2020, 05:43:15 pm »
So, pre-pandemic, was able to get a taste of early spring fishing. Had some good lake trout action off Grimsby shoreline. No ‘bows or browns at that time. Then Hamilton shut down lake access and in Niagara, while lakeside paths were open, launching kayak was not allowed. And given lockdown, didn’t make sense to go out.
Hamilton shoreline is now open and can launch again. Weather is lousy though.
Anyone planning to go out and any reports of how long fish will stay relatively close. Thx.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

quickfish4me

• 30 Pounder
Re: Lake Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 07:47:56 pm »
Where did you see Hamilton launches are open ? Ford extended the emergency order till June today?

JpScribbler

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:47:47 pm »
Hello. Ramps are not open but you can now launch kayak or canoe off the beach strip. The barriers to the parking lots on the Beach Strip were removed on the weekend.  I have a fishing kayak so I can now launch off the waterfront trail. Previously it was closed and beach access was off limits.

quickfish4me

• 30 Pounder
Re: Lake Ontariot
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:58:53 pm »
Thanks for the clairty knew it was too much to hope for a launch. Laid off and no access to the lake.

JpScribbler

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 09:19:51 pm »
That’s unfortunate. Sorry about your circumstance. For a while, anglers were allowed to shore fish from the rock points in Niagara. But then those got shut down 3-4 weeks ago and posted as no angling areas. I called bylaw to ask for interpretation but he said all beach access was off limits.

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 07:32:09 am »
I live on the south shore of Lake Ontario and often fish from shore who is going to stop me ! The launches are posted but we do not see any posting on some shore trails , have not been out because just to cold for me but will post when go out !

King Joe

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 10:15:26 am »
Hey Jp, PM sent

King Joe, Outa Here!