Author Topic: Long point basin walleye  (Read 1713 times)

westlakecharlie

• Shaker
Long point basin walleye
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:16:08 am »
Hello, was wondering if anyone would have some insight for me.
I Know that the bite is predominately summer in this area .
I was curious if these fish are resident to the north shore or if they come from another area of the lake when the lake sets up?
Basically wondering if there is any fish in the spring here.
Thanks
Charlie

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Grangb2

• Shaker
Re: Long point basin walleye
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 12:56:33 pm »
I can't speak for the east end of the lake, but I've always been of the understanding that most of the central basin fish migrate from the west end as the summer progresses. It seems Detroit River is always on, then Leamington, Erieau Glasgow etc. Would be more trusting of others' knowledge and experience.

Bic4d

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 04:12:55 pm »
What part of the point are you thinking of? There are resident fish in all parts of the lake and then there are the migrant fish as well, you'll get fish that migrant from the Western Basin and come around the point. And there are the migrant fish that come from the Niagara End and move West from the Eastern Basin towards the point, these fish will start moving west in May. I've fished both ends of the lake From Fort Erie to the point or from Colchester to Burwell. Nanticoke will start to pick up in late June and become better as the water warms up and you'll find fish from Nanticoke to the Light House off Long Point into late Sept..

hope this helped.

Cheers Bic

westlakecharlie

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »
Thanks guys.
I was a but brief.  Iíve been watching too many vids on line of our ďMericanĒ
Friends hammering pickerel down in the western basin.
I was just curirious If resident fish hang out near nanticoke this time of year
Or if those fish during the summer come from south east or west as the summer progresses.
It was beyond hot fishing in September last year. I just canít wait to get out again......if we can!!!!! Fingers crossed launches open.
Thanks again for the replies guys and stay safe everyone
Charlie

Joes13

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 03:21:44 pm »
Iím not sure about Long Point, but in the East end of the lake I start picking up a few during the end of May. They will be in close about 20 to 30 fow and move deeper as the water warms up. I usually get a couple per outing but they are usually bigger fish. As the water warms then they start to school up In deeper water and you can fill a limit rather quickly