Author Topic: Want to buy sonar/chartplotter  (Read 501 times)

fisher

• Full Box
Want to buy sonar/chartplotter
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:25:23 am »
Looking to update from my HDS7. Prefer a 9 or 10 inch screen, Lowrance or Simrad, as I have a blue Lowrance transducer connector.
Do not need transducer, although if in a package will accept.....but do need head unit and power cable.

Let me know what you have

Thanks

Mike

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Owen416

• 24 Pounder
Re: Want to buy sonar/chartplotter
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 11:17:55 am »
I have a hds 8 Gen 2 with all the accessories structure scan, hstwsbl, navionics hotmaps platinum, etc... havenít got around to posting it.  Iím using it as a secondary unit.

Captain Steve

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »
You will not regret getting a simrad go 9

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

fisher

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 10:14:21 pm »

Ya, GO 9 would work...missed one on here that was a good deal...heard good things but most of my buds run Lowrance....and so do I...so have not had hands on intel on the Simrad units.

I believe the new units accept the Blue Lowrance transducer connector...which would be great s I don't have to switch out my ducer

smokey0418

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 10:29:57 pm »
the newer say carbon or live, would accept a blue connector, but in most cases the newer units have chirp which is an upgrade so one would upgrade to the transducer provided and or upgraded airmar unit.

think if I ever upgraded from hds or carbon, it would be to an nss, that looks to be equivalent.

fisher

• Full Box
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 10:41:18 pm »
the newer say carbon or live, would accept a blue connector, but in most cases the newer units have chirp which is an upgrade so one would upgrade to the transducer provided and or upgraded airmar unit.

think if I ever upgraded from hds or carbon, it would be to an nss, that looks to be equivalent.

Agreed...may as well swap out my Airmar P66 to a new unit to take advantage of the new technology. NSS a little out of my budget new....unless I can find a year old used unit

WallyAndre

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2020, 07:32:31 am »
You can use youíre older transducer even if I wonít recommend doing that by using an adapter cable part# 000-13313-001.

If you can find a Simrad donít forget that you can control a Motor Guide Xi5 , the new Lowrance TM Ghost and ŗ hydraulic autopilot.

Captain Steve

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 07:54:50 am »

Ya, GO 9 would work...missed one on here that was a good deal...heard good things but most of my buds run Lowrance....and so do I...so have not had hands on intel on the Simrad units.

I believe the new units accept the Blue Lowrance transducer connector...which would be great s I don't have to switch out my ducer
You have to get an adaptor to connect the blue lowrance plug to the simrad.   But i was a lowrance guy before.  And no regrets going to simrad.   I picked up the tm150 tranducer for it and the picture is very clear.

smokey0418

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 12:24:53 pm »
Also picked a tm150hw for my carbon. Canít wait to try it out.