Author Topic: Any one fish west from lift bridge in Hamilton?  (Read 988 times)

onelastcast1

• 24 Pounder
Any one fish west from lift bridge in Hamilton?
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:32:49 am »
Everytime I fish in Hamilton,  I would troll from the lift bridge and head towards Bronte.  Usually do well near the shell pier and the brown building west of it.  Maybe one day I will troll towards 50 point instead.  Has anyone fished that side from 50 point to the lift bridge? 

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Fishn4life

• Shaker
Re: Any one fish west from lift bridge in Hamilton?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 11:35:17 am »
I fish there all the time and it's quite nice because there is a lot less traffic and the water drops off a bit quicker.

onelastcast1

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 11:42:58 am »
Thanks for your reply.  Have you notice any difference between the two direction regarding hook ups? 

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 01:45:38 pm »
Isn't it good for walleye there?
Fishing, the best addiction out there ...

Fishn4life

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 02:10:55 pm »
I do find that when I come into fish I get bit more than on the north side heading towards bronte. Maybe because of less pressure.

onelastcast1

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 03:05:29 pm »
Interesting.  Thanks for the reply.  As for walleye I do see people troll shallow when I come back in from salmon fishing.  I think they are trolling for walleye that close to shore.

waterdownredneck

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 06:01:34 pm »
I find I catch more fish early season in the 40fow and shallower if I head that way starting from the 4 legged monster then going towards Bronte but mostly small, which is ok, Iím happy to get anything :)  But as Late June rolls around I canít recall catching down there so I stick to Walkers Line and further West.  I have even scouted out in different depths without success.  In late April early May you can flatline along there in 20í-10í of water and catch all kinds, didnít know there was walleye there though.  I have even seen salmon boats (had downriggers) very close to shore casting almost onto the beach, reeling back and hooking up, assumed Lake Trout or maybe Browns but Iím not sure, always meant to try it.

Itís always a thought when I pass the lighthouse, ďshould I go right or straight to Shell PierĒ and sadly I always cave and head straight West.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON