Author Topic: Todays catch  (Read 792 times)

DEWWORM

• Shaker
Todays catch
« on: June 29, 2020, 09:35:08 pm »
So today kept some coho , bullet steelhead, and a few kings all under 6 lbs..
Meat on the kings looks pale compared to the steelhead and not even close to the coho..one sterile has white meat, bullet chrome 3lb..all were full of5 to 7 inch alewife..not sure why the king meat is lighter than the others they have the same food in there stomach..

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Bob Webster

• 30 Pounder
Re: Todays catch
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 08:45:38 am »
I found the same thing.
Even a difference between rainbow.
This picture shows the of the fish I caught at Wicklow (East end)  a couple weeks ago. 

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

DEWWORM

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 12:51:24 pm »
After bringing overnight they all look the same..lol..fire up smoker when some shade us availible..

saugeendrifter

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 01:01:21 pm »
Even though today's stomach contents are the same it could be the primary food source that may do that; there are also some strains of fish that have different colours of meat. Example, if the coho's are eating smelt up high and the kings are eating the odd smelt but the bulk of food is alewife then it could cause that.
I have kept small lakers and cleaned them and found anywhere from coho orange, yellow and pale pink meat in them. Caught them in the same place same time.

Did you end up bleeding one out and not the others, I bleed out my fish and you can notice a real difference in meat colour if you bleed out your fish.
Give a fish and they eat for a day, teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime both in mind and body

DEWWORM

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 08:15:43 pm »
Yes all.my fish are gill cut and swim in the live well for a bit..then on ice..funny the small shaker we kept had the best looking meat..I was told that most fish eating alot of bugs have meat a orange colour..dont know but I think water temp has something to do with it to