Author Topic: Fishing 10-15min south of Jordan?  (Read 2154 times)

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
Fishing 10-15min south of Jordan?
« on: July 04, 2020, 07:25:08 am »
Must be a beautiful day on the water this morning.  With Jordan most times, I know heading straight out of port to 80-100fow is a solid game plan.  Just wondering if there is much action if I power down towards Niagara 10-15min further.  Will try at some point but wanted to see if this is part of anyone’s norm first, I have headed Hamilton bound 20min and done ok, thinking of going the other way once.  Thanks, Jason
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

darkfisher

• Full Box
Re: Fishing 10-15min south of Jordan?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 07:58:58 am »
Must be a beautiful day on the water this morning.  With Jordan most times, I know heading straight out of port to 80-100fow is a solid game plan.  Just wondering if there is much action if I power down towards Niagara 10-15min further.  Will try at some point but wanted to see if this is part of anyone’s norm first, I have headed Hamilton bound 20min and done ok, thinking of going the other way once.  Thanks, Jason
Some days you just need to run. These fish move around a lot. Typically Jordan is hottest in the early spring. In the summer the anchorage area out front of port Dalhousie can be good. Deeper water off port weller or even running the drop at the Niagara Bar. You don’t have to launch at Jordan. St. Catharines game and fish has a great launch ramp and so does St. Catharines marina. Talk to people find out where the good bite has been and laugh closest to it

waterdownredneck

• Full Box
Re: Fishing 10-15min south of Jordan?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 09:04:58 pm »
Thanks, yup, I’m just going to have to try it so I know.  I’ve never ventured further than Jordan but this is the year to try some scouting with all the calm seas we have had, I’ve never seen so many good days down at that end ever.  I also did not know about those other two launches so thanks for that as well. Jason.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON