Author Topic: Evening Bite out of Fifty Point July 8  (Read 2156 times)

greyhawk

• Shaker
Evening Bite out of Fifty Point July 8
« on: July 09, 2020, 11:43:24 am »
As thunder rumbled through to the south of Fifty my son and I contemplated shall we go or shall we stay. As skies cleared our decision to head out paid off in a big way. Fishing was incredible, especially after getting out late, fishing from 5:30 - 9:00. We went 17 for 24 with 3 knock offs - all chinooks. Five were chunky 20lbers, 4 in the 7-10 lb range and the rest shakers averaging 2-5 lbs. Hook ups were insane - 2 double headers with a triple thrown in. Fish were taken 40-55 ft down in 110-140 ft of water. Riggers and dipseys all caught fish. Top baits included agitator/moonshine spoon (green), dreamweaver spoon (orange/black/gold) with evileye cheater (silver/blue) on the riggers. Dipseys made use of SD (blue/purple) with fly ((blue/gold/glow) and an agitator (green prism) and dw (green/white) Dipseys were set 155ft back. All fish were released.
Sorry for rambling but this was just an insane adventure for only our second time out this season!

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
Re: Evening Bite out of Fifty Point July 8
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 11:45:18 am »
That sounds awesome. I canít wait to get out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malew

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 12:37:31 pm »
Great night, letís hope it continues for a couple more days

waterdownredneck

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 12:55:27 pm »
Thatís amazing and thanks for posting the lures.  Iíve never had a day like that ever so that should be one for the memory bank for you two for yrs to come.  How far back were you running your leads?  If you hooked that many, think of how many must have been down there looking as well.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

greyhawk

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 02:08:13 pm »
Dipseys were run 155 ft back, riggers were run 15 to 20 ft off the ball. Should mention that our trolling was a simple straight n/s track at GPS speeds between 2.9 - 3.5 mph with the larger salmon coming on the greater speeds. Interesting too, was that the majority of our lost fish came off the only set up with barbed hooks. Barbless hooks did their job well and made for quicker releases, especially on the shakers

waterdownredneck

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 09:00:32 pm »
Great thanks, that was an aggressive feed for sure, good for you guys. 
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 09:04:30 pm »
I tried to find info on fees and times at fifty point. I was thinking of putting my boat in on Friday evening so that I can do a really early start on Saturday. Anyone know what launch fees and a transient slip would cost?

Joes13

• Shaker
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 06:45:08 pm »
Iím new to salmon fishing. What are agitators and how do you rig them

FishFarmer

• Full Box
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 09:41:30 pm »
I tried to find info on fees and times at fifty point. I was thinking of putting my boat in on Friday evening so that I can do a really early start on Saturday. Anyone know what launch fees and a transient slip would cost?

I think it's $25.00 or more to launch Wouldn't want to know how much all night >:(.
Phone # I have for 50pt is 905 643 2103
You Should Have Been Here Yesterday

Deep Meat

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 01:28:25 am »

Bend over

Sinclaird22

• Smolt
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 02:07:11 pm »
Hi, I'm new to Lake Ontario. Heading that way maybe on Friday and had a few questions? How is the water on a west wind? Should be an offshore wind there? And how far out do you run before setting lines. I was thinking of Bronte on Friday until I read your post and saw winds were west. Just wondered what you thought? How is the marina for parking? I was thinking of arriving mid afternoon and fishing into the evening.

Thanks