Author Topic: Fishhawk x4d reading problems  (Read 6240 times)

rufat

• 30 Pounder
Fishhawk x4d reading problems
« on: July 09, 2020, 06:32:03 pm »
Hello my felow fishermans
I have a big problem with my fishawk x4d reading problems
Even i have spoken with Steve few times we still can not figur out what is the problem so i decided to post few pictures for you my frends see and tell me how you can help to fix this problem even as ler Steve from fish hawk my probe and my head unit is fine can you please give me ipinions on this pictures atached

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

rufat

• 30 Pounder
Re: Fishhawk x4d reading problems
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 06:33:21 pm »
Here is another picture

rufat

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 06:33:47 pm »
Here is another pickture

Fishmandan

• 30 Pounder
  • Wishing I Was Fishing
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 09:16:37 pm »
I’m sure you have but check the ground cable ?
Transducer interference ?
Transducer not mounted level ?
It Seems to read temp the hole time but Not the probe so bad probe ?

rufat

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 09:33:04 pm »
Probe and head been checked by fish hawk by Steve no problems only this a problem as you seeing in the picktures also my ground cabke is fine changed battaries stil same probkem im going nuts at home can not figure out what is cosing this issue first time when is starts it was last year but then it went away him self so i did no payed attension but right now bug issue i need help if someone has x4d or x4 i would like to tested so lets say if you have fish hawk we can test it and see if its tranducers issiue becouse as per Steve at fish hawk he told me that trundducers problems are realy rare so im going nuts here at home

westlakecharlie

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 09:01:06 pm »
Mine some times does similar things.
Have you tried adjusting the gain settings?
Some times I gotta turn mine off and on for it to go back to reading correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruhl

• Shaker
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 07:39:31 am »
my fish hawk has given me the same issues since last fall. did you ever find out what was causing your issues?

thanks

hawgdawg

• Smolt
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 07:56:46 am »
I also have the same problems. Been thru the same with the nice people at Fishhawk, tried swapping out the head and xducer with my buddies. Nothing has worked.
I now believe it may be the transducer just blowing back out of the cone angle at times causing the unit to get confused. Ha, as well as myself! This may not be the cause but it's the only thing I have left to try.

Predator 18

• Shaker
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 08:34:55 am »
my fish hawk has given me the same issues since last fall. did you ever find out what was causing your issues?

thanks

If possible use, borrow someone’s working unit and try it on your boat.    If it works, it will eliminate your wiring, interference and power as the issue....

rufat

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2021, 10:14:43 am »
It transducer causing this issue i have already figured out and fix it

Ruhl

• Shaker
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2021, 10:29:37 am »
Thanks guys

prolinerob

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2021, 11:53:18 pm »
Have had issues with my Subtroll was thinking of switching but maybe not.

rcfire77

• Smolt
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 07:20:35 pm »
I had the same issue on my fishhawk 4 on Wednesday on Erie.  It would not read the speed at the ball anymore but had prior without issue.  I tried reading the manual online while out etc and could not figure out so I thought what had changed since last time?  I bought new riggers and had installed a scotty downrigger weight retriever on my new Cannons for when I extended the boom.  My boom was not extended so I removed the retrieval string from the rigger for the day so it was not in the way.  When I put my rigger weight down the small round piece that would have attached to the string had travelled down the wire rigger cable with my rigger. so I brought the rigger back up and attached the string and relowered my rigger while the retrieval ring stayed up.  Apparently it was enough to cause interference that the speed at the ball could not be read and I had no more issues with my fishhawk after that.

didoban

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 11:12:19 pm »
Your probe is probably not in the transducer radius.  It travels in and out of the radius. Tilt your transducer a little bit or use a heavier downrigger weight to keep the cannon ball within range.