Author Topic: North channel / Spanish River Fishing  (Read 1107 times)

Hunter04

• Shaker
North channel / Spanish River Fishing
« on: July 13, 2020, 12:38:12 pm »
Hey everyone, I’m heading up to camp with the family for 5 days very close to the Spanish river and the town of Spanish. I’ve been doing some research on the walleye fishing in the river but also was hoping to try to find some salmon in the north channel. I’ll be up there the first week of August. Just wondering if anyone has fished up that way and wouldn’t mind giving me some suggestions or tips. From what I seen online a lot of people talk about fishing the manitoulin island side of the north channel but obviously you would need very calm weather to do that.
Cheers

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
Re: North channel / Spanish River Fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 01:01:28 pm »
Previous post from a couple of years ago.

https://www.spoonpullers.com/forums/index.php?topic=15648.0

Hunter04

• Shaker
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 01:37:14 pm »
Yeah I seen that post when I first started to research the area. Was just hoping there was more recent information or if anything has changed. Thanks though

normynailer

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 08:13:24 pm »
if you want salmon you have to go through the little detroit channel to the manitoulin side of the channel. Not much walleye in the river this time of year but nice catches can be had around the islands. Vances bay is also a popular spot.Trolling gold worm harnesses and worms work well.

Hunter04

• Shaker
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 07:02:21 am »
Alright thanks. I’ll take a look on navionics and see if I can locate them.