Author Topic: Walker downrigger accessories?  (Read 3843 times)

Wdowiak26

• Shaker
Walker downrigger accessories?
« on: August 19, 2020, 09:45:07 am »
I lost a rigger today  :(  but thankfully have a spare but need a new swivel base and angled riser mount ? I know there was someone selling the walker gear but don’t have number anymore ? Can anyone help?

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

rizher

• 24 Pounder
Re: Walker downrigger accessories?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 05:16:20 pm »
May I ask how you lost the rigger?  I always fear when dragging bottom (as I often do to wake up the fish!) that I may lose a rigger sooner or later.

fisherman

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 11:41:38 am »
For those who absolutely think they need to drag bottom, try this.  Attach about 3-4 feet of 1/4" chain under the cannonball and tie it to the downrigger cable with 20lb test fishing line.  If it does hang up,  the chain will be lost but you will still have your ball.   

quickfish4me

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 02:20:59 pm »
Good post fisherman dangerous game dragging a cannon ball on bottom. If it hangs up shit can go south fast. Always have a set of pliers by the rigger.

rizher

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 04:29:04 pm »
Good one fisherman. I may try that.  I have never intentionally dragged bottom to be honest, but this year I did it inadvertently a half dozen times or more, and out of those times I did get 2 hookups on salmon... so naturally I because less opposed to getting close to bottom depths.  I don't clip my release on the ball allowing; 4-5 feet up the wire from the ball.

So there may be something to disturbing the bottom?

4Kings

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 05:05:58 pm »
I lost a rigger today  :(  but thankfully have a spare but need a new swivel base and angled riser mount ? I know there was someone selling the walker gear but don’t have number anymore ? Can anyone help?

Ive got a swivel mount pretty sure somewhere in my garage, where are you located

Wdowiak26

• Shaker
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 06:11:47 pm »
Hey thanks for the response !! But I just ordered one thanks again

4Kings

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 08:13:29 am »
Hey thanks for the response !! But I just ordered one thanks again

Right on, well can you give me an idea of what they're worth? Now that I've dug it out ill see if I can find a home for it

Wdowiak26

• Shaker
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 06:02:42 pm »
I paid 120