Author Topic: Bronte Aug 28  (Read 1427 times)

Nels

• Shaker
Bronte Aug 28
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:13:44 am »
Only had time for a couple hours but didn't have to go far lots of fish marked right at the mouth of the harbor.
Headed out to 60 fow and got a nice brown trout. Lost another good fish and then headed back and got a nice king in 30 fow out front of bronte. Nice couple hours of action before work.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

fratri

• 24 Pounder
Re: Bronte Aug 28
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 11:46:10 am »
Nicely done for a couple of hours prework.... :) Thanks for the report

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 11:54:16 am »
Nice fish. What is the spoon with the yellow bead? I dont think I have seen one of those before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nels

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 12:01:39 pm »
@deathrowfish1 not sure. Has no name on it

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 12:02:47 pm »
Np. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JpScribbler

• Shaker
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 04:52:28 pm »
Hello Nels.
Thanks for the report. I'm in Hamilton. How long did it take you to paddle out to 60 fow off Bronte?
Usually I launch from near the Lift Bridge or from Grimsby but not Bronte. I trailer my yak so I need parking.
Thx,
Jp

kayakhank

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 05:25:32 pm »
If you go to the navionics website you can look at depth and calculate distance from whatever spot you want as starting point.

https://webapp.navionics.com/#[email protected]&key=kloiGnxvcN

waterdownredneck

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 05:29:26 pm »
Im not a yacker but I envy you guys.  Bronte would be a long haul from FP, I would trailer to Bronte if it were a  me, especially if the weather turned bad, it would take a long time to get home.  I would say its about a 10-15 boat ride running 3/4s open.  Good luck to you, interested in what the other hackers say.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

Steelhead Chaser

• Shaker
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 02:16:32 am »
60FOW off Bronte is nothing. On a kayak is maybe 10mins tops to hit 60fow. Right now, you don't need to go that far...

Hello Nels.
Thanks for the report. I'm in Hamilton. How long did it take you to paddle out to 60 fow off Bronte?
Usually I launch from near the Lift Bridge or from Grimsby but not Bronte. I trailer my yak so I need parking.
Thx,
Jp

waterdownredneck

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 12:35:07 pm »
Sorry about that I misunderstood your question, I thought you were going to paddle from FP! Youd have guns of steel though if you did.
"Little Getaway", Waterdown, ON

Nels

• Shaker
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 07:53:58 pm »
[Not long 10-15 min
But they are in even closer now. Going out tomorrow morning for a couple hours. Hopefully they are biting
quote author=JpScribbler
link=topic=38943.msg214189#msg214189 date=1599162748]
Hello Nels.
Thx,
Jp
[/quote]

dilligaf0220

• Full Box
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 03:08:14 am »
Sorry about that I misunderstood your question, I thought you were going to paddle from FP! Youd have guns of steel though if you did.

Steelhead Chaser cheats a bit by putting motors on his Hobie.

To answer your question, it's not even a kilometer to get out to 60fow stagers, 10mins of paddling.
One year there was an upwelling and the Bluezone was in the West End, paddled from Bronte to Fifty Point & back, catching Bow's & Ho's the whole way.

It's not even 12 miles to Fifty from Bronte.  And you get to say you crossed Lake Ontario twice in a canoe, on the same day.
A speed bump on a lake of stinkboats & blowboats.

Steelhead Chaser

• Shaker
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 03:14:55 am »

To answer your question, it's not even a kilometer to get out to 60fow stagers, 10mins of paddling.
One year there was an upwelling and the Bluezone was in the West End, paddled from Bronte to Fifty Point & back, catching Bow's & Ho's the whole way.

It's not even 12 miles to Fifty from Bronte.  And you get to say you crossed Lake Ontario twice in a canoe, on the same day.
[/quote]

Motors are mainly used when riggers and dipsys are down. Until I get out to where I need its all legs. Before the motors, it was rough.

dilligaf0220

• Full Box
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 05:31:40 am »

Motors are mainly used when riggers and dipsys are down. Until I get out to where I need its all legs. Before the motors, it was rough.
[/quote]

Pulling Dipsy's by human power just plain out suck.
That's why I was an early adopter of leadcore & Torpedo Divers.  Even a 5 colour leadcore with a planer drags less than a Dipsy.

A speed bump on a lake of stinkboats & blowboats.

JpScribbler

• Shaker
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 01:46:06 pm »
I concur. I have a Hobie and run a 24lb Watersnake in the cassette. I've just finished rigging a Torqeedo to the back and have the pedal drive in the front, so now I have two way drive and built-in redundancy. The Torqeedo has a lithium battery and weighs 9 lbs, much improved that the 65-lb marine battery I've been lugging.
It's a huge help when running lead core on one side and a laketroller downrigger with 4 lb ball on the other. during the spring, running long lines and fishing up top I can troll all day with the pedal drive. Fall fishing is a whole other game.
Fifty Point to Bronte - good for you - that's ambitious and a cool crossing.