Author Topic: Yak Attack, Lake O, Fisherman's Pier, Sept 24 AM  (Read 2799 times)

King Joe

• 24 Pounder
Yak Attack, Lake O, Fisherman's Pier, Sept 24 AM
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:10:00 am »
Beautiful morning for a beach launch at FP with my local yak bud.  On water approximately 0730am.  Headed straight out to 35' DoW to set up.  Bud running lead core and body bait and, rigger and spoon.  Me...Apex of 20 and 30' jets.  Ran out straight out to about 55' then turned parallel to shore and ran north.  On run out, common to see big fish jumping.  Seeing fish rolling or jumping was common for the day.

Not long after turning north to run parallel, 30'/watermelon Apex goes off...FISH ON!  Short fight later, a small rainbow plays close to the yak....but spits just out of net range.  STILL, after 3 consecutive skunks (1 ON, 2 Erie), I'm counting it and washing the stank of skunk off.  Given we just started, the early action hinted at a good day.  Oh, also...GO APEX!

Ran north, south, deep, shallow...up, down...all around, like a roller coaster (name that tune)....and nary a sniff for the rest of the morning.  Myself, I marked fish in good pods from 15-30...but seperated by long stretches of nothing on the screen.  Bud marked some on the bottom. 

Wind was sort of obliging...but never really let up from being offshore the entire morning (unlike what Windy predicted).  A couple boats went out out of FP.  Off water about 1300hrs.

So, what started as a promising day...proved to be otherwise.  Still, great to be out...and the visuals of fish on the screen...and jumping now and then, kept the 'fishy-feeling' on through the morning.  That and hooking up right at the start (Go Apex...again).

I don't think its 'done' yet...so will look for the next windy hole shot early next week.

King Joe Outa Here!

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
Re: Yak Attack, Lake O, Fisherman's Pier, Sept 24 AM
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:02 am »
Nice  report.

Nels

• Shaker
Re: Yak Attack, Lake O, Fisherman's Pier, Sept 24 AM
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 05:56:33 pm »
Was out at bronte on that day too from 7 till 10. Had one good hit in 40 fow. But spit the hook. Lots of fish but no hits after that. Tons of fish jumping out side of bronte Harbour. Been skunked the last 2 outing out of bronte. Fish are there bit I dont have what they want. Till next time.