Author Topic: Live Well Anti-freeze?  (Read 1966 times)

Duffin

• 24 Pounder
Re: Live Well Anti-freeze?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 07:22:21 am »
4lbstest, neither did we.  No issues yet winterizing ourselves,  but for the cost and time to do it, makes sense. We already added the antifreeze and will ready the motor and batteries this week then button her up until spring. Gonna be a long winter without boating.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Deep Meat

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 07:47:45 am »
Wow, I never thought of using antifreeze since i purchased my boat and surprisingly never had any problems so far, but i make a point of emptying the bilge and the livewell before storing the boat for the winter.

its such a cheap insurance policy- it definetly doesn't hurt to try it out!

Bigtrout29

• Shaker
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 10:00:02 pm »
I run it through mine all I did was Jimmy rigged a pump spray to an old peace of garden hose female end un screw my baskets hook the hose to it pump up the pressure and flip the switchs wait for it to run out the back of the boat and shut them off and pour some in the hull just incase there is some water in there

Duffin

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 10:34:41 am »
Thanks  Bigtrout. Thats similar to what I did. Live wells and bilge done, boat wrapped and waiting patiently until spring. Have a Great winter everyone,  catch ya in the spring.

smellybox

• Shaker
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 07:27:03 am »
Windshield washer fluid works great for storage of lines and livewells.

Duffin

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2020, 08:43:22 am »
Smellybox, great idea, thanks. The RV antifreeze I used is non toxic, is windscreen antifreeze non toxic too? I Miss the boat already....

fisherman

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2020, 11:39:37 am »
The RV antifreeze I used is non toxic, is windscreen antifreeze non toxic too? I Miss the boat already....

Pretty sure there's a skull & crossbones on the windshield stuff, cheers and have a sip.