Author Topic: Port Dalhousie Oct 02 AM  (Read 3322 times)

drjoe

• Full Box
Port Dalhousie Oct 02 AM
« on: October 02, 2020, 08:19:02 pm »
No takers in close , marked HUGE schools of bait fish ~ 50 fow ! No takers until 70 fow on a Warrior chicken wing [ non greasy ]65 ft. dn. , young lady guest landed a 17 lb. CHANALCAT [ pictures to prove ] ! Mouth hooked not snagged . Lake got lumpy , young lady lost her sea legs and cookies so we had to do an early finish .
In AM she may come with us to watch us dehonk some geese ! Take a kid fishing and hunting if you can !
Again at Johhny Pastarmies  for brunch on Lake St .
It ain't over yet !

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Ricktroller

• 30 Pounder
Re: Port Dalhousie Oct 02 AM
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:36:36 pm »
Show us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deep Meat

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 10:47:08 pm »
lol that’s howls

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 06:15:48 am »
Thanks for " show us " ! If you can give me your cell phone  # I can try a tex , otherwise will try and get help from expert grandsons !

kayakhank

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 06:32:55 am »
Remember trolling for rainbows and caught a channel cat that was huge.  It was spring and stayed deep so thought it was a young salmon or perhaps a big walleye.  I knew it wasnt a rainbow.  Extremely surprised.  That river and area has so many different fish species.  Also caught a 7 lb whitefish trolling.   That catfish is a crazy story.

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 05:04:08 pm »
Wow that’s a great sized cat. How was the fight.

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 10:51:15 am »
"HOW was the fight? " All the fish did was PULL ! At first we thought I was hung up on the bottom but the line did not break but came in slowly, then the fish tangled on the lead core line [ still not sure what was going on ?] untangled the lead core still the pull only ! Then win or loose made young lady fight the fish win or break-off ; she did bring it up at first blush ? Lake Trout then the big head and whiskers WTF is this ! Still working on the pictures !
Thanks for interest !
Unfortunately young lady missed out on our very successful goose shoot but [which she was looking forward to] due to a miss communication but ---- happens !

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 08:23:35 pm »
[here is the picture of the catfish!

Gowiththefloat

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 06:55:36 pm »
Fun season right now.
Did you enjoy eating the goose?
 I can't imagine it to have a good taste but I never tried. I've had some pheasant and can attest it was great. I'd expect other upland birds to also be eatable.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

DeathrowFish1

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 09:50:39 pm »
I’ve always wanted to try some goose and duck hunting. Every year I plan to go out and ask farmers for permission to hunt their fields. And every year I leave it too late. Usually because I’m out fishing lol.

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 09:17:12 am »
We butcher the geese and have a local meat market [ who is willing ] makes us goose sausage . He adds ~ 15 % pork for the fat and ? flavor . He will make it hot or mild as requested and adds spices etc. as he makes his regular sausage !
Just pay the money and get it done right IMO ! Others can do it them selves if the are good at it , the results can be variable !

Gowiththefloat

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 04:51:49 pm »
We butcher the geese and have a local meat market [ who is willing ] makes us goose sausage . He adds ~ 15 % pork for the fat and ? flavor . He will make it hot or mild as requested and adds spices etc. as he makes his regular sausage !
Just pay the money and get it done right IMO ! Others can do it them selves if the are good at it , the results can be variable !
Good idea.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

rau

• Shaker
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2020, 09:35:41 am »
Hi.. Wondering if the SCGFA Ramp is still open ? With things being fenced off down there..?

Thanks Again..

drjoe

• Full Box
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2020, 07:37:13 pm »
The ramp is still open , please pay like I have down all seson !