Author Topic: Terrova I Pilot link with Hummingbirds  (Read 2827 times)

andrew30

• Smolt
Terrova I Pilot link with Hummingbirds
« on: November 09, 2020, 05:33:32 pm »
Hello,

I recently purchased a Terrova with the US2 sonar and I Pilot link. I don't currently own a Hummingbird however I am in the market for a new graph... my main question is..

For trolling/steering with the bow mount trolling motor, do any of you find the I pilot linked to a Hummingbird graph that much more beneficial? Or would i pilot remote steering be helpful enough as it is?

If its not all that helpful, I will probably end up moving my 7" lowrance to the bow and getting a better graph at the console. If it is that much more helpful, I will get a Hummingbird that can link for the bow. Would love more experienced anglers opinions to help with my plans!!

Thank you.

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

Wreford

• Shaker
Re: Terrova I Pilot link with Hummingbirds
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 04:04:31 pm »
If I were you, I would still move the Lowrance up to the bow and get a new humminbird for the console.  Link the humminbird to the trolling motor and be able to control it from the driver's seat.  It will be very beneficial being able to follow contours or control speed/heading from your console fishfinder.  You can also mark a waypoint and tell the TM to head to that particular waypoint.

andrew30

• Smolt
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 05:29:19 pm »
Right... that makes a lot more sense than just putting the humminbird up front haha... but also thank you for the input on the i pilot. I don't mind spending the extra money to take advantage of the feature, just wanted to make sure its worth it.

Thank you for your reply

Deep Meat

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 06:24:47 am »
yea having the bird linked to the trolling motor is game changing for boat control