Author Topic: Niagara  (Read 1280 times)

naturenut

• Full Box
Niagara
« on: January 08, 2021, 10:05:12 pm »
Has any fellow Canadians been on the Niagara lately? If so, has anyone tried or attemp to try and fish USA side?

Going down sun and if theyíre letting ppl over I may decide to get NY license and fish that side. I know Detroit river in spring they werenít allowing any Canadians in US waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

rockin-steelhead

• Full Box
Re: Niagara
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 10:07:19 pm »
You cannot fish the US waters and I highly recommend you donít even try. Border closer also means the broader on the water. Just my two cents.

naturenut

• Full Box
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 04:45:20 am »
You cannot fish the US waters and I highly recommend you donít even try. Border closer also means the broader on the water. Just my two cents.
Thanks. Iíll be at the bar and gonna have to keep very close eye on my graph. Itís easy to end up on state side out there when not watching unlike the river.

Tom McCutcheon

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 11:37:25 am »
I know of some Canadian friends with US licenses that were politely turned back by US boarder patrol last May or June while fishing Bass. I would expect the situation has not changed.

naturenut

• Full Box
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 08:45:13 pm »
I know of some Canadian friends with US licenses that were politely turned back by US boarder patrol last May or June while fishing Bass. I would expect the situation has not changed.
Thanks for the reply. I love fishing the bar more than the river. Just gonna have to be very careful the wind doesnít cause me to drift into their waters then. And to make matters worse my fav drafts  (e mostly ) are close to their side, not close to Canada shore.

Mattagami

• Shaker
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 01:08:41 pm »
great map of the drifts on the bar.

naturenut

• Full Box
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 10:16:21 pm »
great map of the drifts on the bar.
Wish I could take credit for it, but I canít! I found it online yrs ago and with a huge detailed write up on how to fish each drift. Wish I copied the write up.

silvertracker

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 07:38:23 pm »
Not sure if i remember right - but was it from Bill Saiff Outdoors in Niagara

fishdawg

• Full Box
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 10:21:05 pm »
Frank Campbell actually i believe