Port of Call, The Captain and crew > A Place to Introduce Yourself

Newbie to Lake O and the salmon hunt

(1/4) > >>

Dweezel:
Another newbie to Lake O's charms and bounty.  I upgraded my boat last fall after being stung pretty hard by the salmon bug.  I haven't caught one yet but have gone broke getting ready for it.  There's alot of great information in this forum and I hope that I will be able to contribute back to the group at some point.

Tight lines!

cams:
Post a photo of your setup, I'm sure you will get some response and tips from the tyee's here.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dweezel:
The set-up...well I figure that it's half decent...its the skills I'm more worried about.   I can always buy more gear but it won't make me better.  Any suggestions are welcomed.

The setup:
2021 Kingfisher Escape (22 foot aluminum)
200 hp with a 20 hp kicker
Dual cannon optimum downriggers,  with transducer
Dual planer masts with double planer boards
Ulterra 36v trolling motor
2 Solix units
Fishhawk x4d
Fully networked
2 leadcore rods, 2 copper rods and braided rods (trolling/downrigging)

onelastcast1:
Very Nice set-up for Trolling.  I would get a couple of wire dipsy set ups.  Some days that set up will out fish riggers and lead core.  Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR06g6JRo_zDryChAOvhhhfxURootI5Vy0CcKN1t87AameMCDE45li8WavE&v=ugQASeggl70&feature=youtu.be

Tom McCutcheon:

--- Quote from: Dweezel on January 13, 2021, 01:57:20 pm ---Another newbie to Lake O's charms and bounty. I upgraded my boat last fall after being stung pretty hard by the salmon bug. I haven't caught one yet but have gone broke getting ready for it.  There's a lot of great information in this forum and I hope that I will be able to contribute back to the group at some point.

Tight lines!

--- End quote ---

I would say you were stung hard...LOL
That is a great set up, and experience is what will be your best teacher. Talk to others at the ramp, share your knowledge or lack thereof with them, perhaps offer an experienced angler a seat on your boat and leave his on shore for a day. The boat will get slimed; don't worry about that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version