Author Topic: Looking for a new to me boat  (Read 2127 times)

riff_raff_fishing

• Shaker
Looking for a new to me boat
« on: January 26, 2021, 11:03:38 am »
Sold my 16 footer at the end of 2020 and I'm looking for a bigger, new to me boat for trolling Lake Ontario. Fibreglass, around 20 to 22 feet long, in great condition. Something similar to a Trophy 2052 WA would be ideal. Budget is $25,000. Please PM me if you have anything you are considering selling.
Thanks
Andy

SpoonPullers.com

• Advertisement

taymocharters

• Shaker
Re: Looking for a new to me boat
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 03:53:13 pm »
Good afternoon Andy,  Listed my fiberglass charter boat on spoonpullers.  Comes with dual wheel trailer. Cruiser Inc 2515 surveyed at 42,000. Thanks Jay-taymo charters
Sold my 16 footer at the end of 2020 and I'm looking for a bigger, new to me boat for trolling Lake Ontario. Fibreglass, around 20 to 22 feet long, in great condition. Something similar to a Trophy 2052 WA would be ideal. Budget is $25,000. Please PM me if you have anything you are considering selling.
Thanks
Andy

bubbamenes

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 07:58:19 pm »
Hi Andy, we will be posting our ~2000 Chaparral 205se in the Spring. It's the boat in my profile pic. Cuddy, inboard, nice starter boat for the big lake. Haven't decided on anything for certain, but I think we will be looking for around 10k for it depending on gear included. Good luck in your search!

riff_raff_fishing

• Shaker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 12:28:10 pm »
Thanks for responding guys.

The cruiser is too big and expensive for me I'm afraid. I fish mainly solo. The Chapparal isn't quite what I'm looking for. This will be my 6th season fishing Lake O so not really looking for a starter boat, rather something primarily designed for fishing. Striper, Trophy, Grady White, or something similar - ideally no bigger than 22ft overall.

Cheers
Andy

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 01:33:36 pm »
Thanks for responding guys.

The cruiser is too big and expensive for me I'm afraid. I fish mainly solo. The Chapparal isn't quite what I'm looking for. This will be my 6th season fishing Lake O so not really looking for a starter boat, rather something primarily designed for fishing. Striper, Trophy, Grady White, or something similar - ideally no bigger than 22ft overall.

Cheers
Andy

If you find a Grady that's in great shape for 25k let me know. I want in...
Fishing, the best addiction out there ...

taymocharters

• Shaker
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 04:23:05 pm »
Go on www.lakeontariounitted.com  two gradys for sale on there.

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 05:41:15 pm »
Those are 30 to 40 year old boats. I'm sure they'll come with their projects.

But I have to say, this one looks good though, on the photos.

https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/89248-1989-grady-white-seafarer-226-for-sale/?tab=comments#comment-649208

Anyhow, I wasn't really looking to get into a boat ... just saying a Grady that's in great condition in the +20 ft range is probably going to cost more than $25k.

riff_raff_fishing

• Shaker
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 07:52:35 pm »
Thanks for the link. I look on lakeontariounited regularly. There are lots of nice looking boats for sale in the US but with the border closed it doesnít seem to be an option. Anyhow, it doesnít have to be a Grady, I was merely indicating the style of boat I am looking for.

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 11:16:03 am »
Thanks for the link. I look on lakeontariounited regularly. There are lots of nice looking boats for sale in the US but with the border closed it doesnít seem to be an option. Anyhow, it doesnít have to be a Grady, I was merely indicating the style of boat I am looking for.

Riff raff, if you could get your hands on a Grady, that would be a sweet ride man. I wouldn't discount it ... even if you had to stretch and pay $30k ... and as for the boarder ... it might be worthwhile to be patient ... this COVID stuff can't go on forever. There's a lot of good boating options down in the US.  My buddy has now purchased two or three via the US, and although he's had to put some time into updating/fixing ... the purchases were REALLY good and the boats turned out to be outstanding and worthwhile once he was done with the updates.

riff_raff_fishing

• Shaker
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 11:53:33 am »
Yeah - The Gradys look nice and I understand they have a very good reputation. I may be able to stretch to $30k (with permission from the CFO, aka wife) but have to bear in mind that I will probably have to kit the boat out for fishing. Having said that I kitted out my previous boat gradually over several years. Probably more important to get the right platform and then build up gradually from there. Just have to go without some of the niceties like downriggers and FishHawk for a while. Maybe more boats will come on the market in Canada as spring approaches - there is very little of interest at the moment. And hopefully the border will open sooner rather than later.

TyeeTanic

• Full Box
  • King Kongs
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2021, 12:07:04 pm »
Yes, I hear you ... it may still be a better bet though, if you don't have to fix up a whole bunch of stuff with other brands.

silvertracker

• 24 Pounder
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 08:31:44 am »
There is a 89 Grady - Ganonoque Boat Sales

Deep Meat

• 30 Pounder
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 09:36:50 am »
i know a guy that will sell you a fully loaded TYEE no problem.

riff_raff_fishing

• Shaker
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 01:04:53 pm »
Thanks both.

There is a 89 Grady - Ganonoque Boat Sales

Yeah, I saw this boat online. Unfortunately it has no trailer.

i know a guy that will sell you a fully loaded TYEE no problem.

I was really looking for a fibreglass boatwith a cuddy, but if your guy would like to send me the details of the Tyee I might consider it. I can be emailed at
andy . munden @ gmail . com
(without the spaces  :) )

Blackdog

• Shaker
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 07:55:59 pm »
Hi there,
We are going to be selling our 2459 Bayliner Trophy, 1989, just getting some work done on it before it is ready to sell.  Used to dock at Lake Prominade.  Selling due to job loss and no time now with the new job....weekends, yuk.  2 downriggers, used for the salmon in lake O.  Probably be around 15,000 when finished.  Hardtop, with sleeping area, and open back for fishing.  Let me know if you are interested.